amplifier under $ 2000 for klipsch rf-52 II

icervoid

now i have a receiver denon avr-1911 for my klipsch rf-52 II

i lesson much rock and metal and i hear high frequencyes not right : they are not enough clear and they have to be shorter in duration; some details of songs misses but i know they are there; and if i set high frequencyes louder then song become harsh

so i decided to buy for music a stereo amplifier under $ 2000: i need 3 or 4 models of manufactures to choose from

please someone help me

==========================================================

wood flors - nothing on walls - size of room about 10 sq meters - speakers toed towards - no sub - i am in east europe

==========================================================

i have no preouts - and im looking for a AMPLIFIER

Hey Icervoid, Welcome to the Klipsch Forums, we're glad you are here.

Yeah, the lower model Denon receivers can fall a little short when you want to crank the Rock or Metal. Often the room is the biggest factor though and should be addressed first.

What's your room like. Wood floors? Tile? Carpet?

Do you have anything on the walls? Paintings, rugs, etc?

How big is it?

Are your speakers toed in towards the listening position?

Do you use a sub-woofer?

Which part of the world are you in, so we can better recommend amps?

Again, we're glad you're here and with a little more info, hopefully we can guide you in the right direction.

Dennie

Icervoid,

Welcome to the forum

now i have a receiver denon avr-1911 for my klipsch rf-52 II

so i decided to buy for music a stereo amplifier under $ 2000: i need 3 or 4 models of manufactures to choose from

Just to let you know, the AVR-1911 does not have stereo or multichannel preouts so you would not be able to use it with an outboard amp. Do you have another option for a preamp?

Bill

I don't think you need to spend $2000 to get good sound. Dennie is right, some of the problem with the room are the major culprit. Pioneer, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo all sell good avr's for around $600-1,200 with good room correction systems and the ability to tweak the sound in the room. Get something with at least 130 watts and you will love you setup.

I just bought an Emotiva XPA-5 which is a five channel Amp with 200 W per channel direct from the company which cost around $900. They also sell a three channel amp which is less expensive. I previously had three audio outlaw Monoblocks for the 2 Front and Ctr. channels. One of the monoblocks went bad so instead of replacing it I decided to give the Emotiva a try and would certainly recommend it. It is a very nice looking unit and I think less expensive than many other options.