What kind of TV do you have?

Salvador

The reason I bought this model was that it was on sale for 700 off! Party!!! It is coming from a Magnolia store. The regular stores don't have this model.

Oh man, it was on Amazon when I bought it for $1700.00. So I got priced match $800.00 off. I just checked Amazon right now they raised the price to $2065.25.. You are still getting an incredible deal!! Are you going to get it calibrated?

I also noticed more detail in shadowed areas

That is what is most important to me, being able to see details behind the blacks. I will consider the calibration. Right now I am concentrating on mounting it. I wasent going to do that, but the way my tv stand is it is blocking 1/3 of my center channel. So Im going to mount the tv and use my tv stand for my components and put my center on top..

I have both.... plasma and LED.

The room environment and room architecture determine where I place which one where. (If that makes any sense, lol)

I have both as well and one thing I have noticed is... when I'm watching a football game on my Sharp LED, you can see the clumps of grass, the blades of grass, every little detail of the field. I can not see that on my plasma, my lcd or my CRT rear projection.

What plasma do you have?

Samsung. I have been very pleased with it...

EmbarrassedOops. I should have deleted your quote. I was asking Vital, but good to hear on the SamsungYes

No problem. I will add that mine does have 3D, however after the first week or two I never used it again.

The reason I bought this model was that it was on sale for 700 off! Party!!! It is coming from a Magnolia store. The regular stores don't have this model.

Oh man, it was on Amazon when I bought it for $1700.00. So I got priced match $800.00 off. I just checked Amazon right now they raised the price to $2065.25.. You are still getting an incredible deal!! Are you going to get it calibrated?

I will be calibrating mine this summer.

60" and 42" Samsung Plasmas. Love them both.

There is no no doubt in my mind that I could purchase a television that has a better picture then my Samsung Plasmas.

However, there is also no doubt in my mind that I would have to pay substantially more to get this "better picture".

60" Samsung plasma (model # in profile) with no bells and whistles, just a great picture at a great price!

Love that comment!!!! I have the Kuro 50 in my living room and just pulled the trigger on a Panny 55" VT50 for the family room. Got the Klipsch Icon sb1 soundbar after a brief demo at Best Buy, thought it was a simple fix for the "family" room.I have ti wait until April 3rd to pick up and I can't wait!

Same idea here. No way I could afford a 70"+ LED or Plasma but with the Mitsu DLP it's easy to compromise and it keeps up ok with the picture quality of my 42" Panny Plasma and 42" Visio LED in the other rooms.

My dad has a 65" LED backlit, 3D, 240Hz and it's ok too. I'll live with my DLP until the prices of the large screens come down. My room is large and I sit 17' away from my TV so I have to have a large screen.

I, also am looking into buying a new TV, 47"- 55". I would love to buy a plasma but my wife, bless her heart, never has time to set down and watch a whole TV pragram. She always has to pause the show and more than likely its for a long time. I am afraid of burn in. So its LED for me.