Cane Grill Covers for a Forte II

I have always liked the look of cane grill covers and am thinking of replaceing the original black fabric with a cane pattern on my forte II which are clear oak. Anyone cane out, a forte or forte II? If so would someone be willing to share a picture?

Also, can the cane fabric still be gotten from Klipsch? Or perhaps another source?

Thanks in advance!

John

John,

if you are able to obtain the oem cane from Wendell Fabrics i hope you will post about it's availability.

Last i heard, it was only available in roll length. Hope you can obtain it, though.

a buddy made a pair of cane la scala grills for me using an oem marshall fabric which looks really good. visually, i think i prefer it to the Klipsch cane.

looked around to see if i could find a link, but couldn't locate one this evening.

John,

more about what haven't been able to find: Klipsch user Groomlakearea51 has somewhere on the forum, posted step by step pics of his grill covering technique. He has an oem quality end product. He also has a tutorial outlined including the particular 3m adhesive he uses.

Tony Reed did my cane LaScala grill boards. He used hot glue and it was a two person job. No pics on the forum, though. The hot glue method looks every bit as good as the oem process.

I have never been a fan of the grill cover material on the Forte's. Much prefer the thicker waffley material on my Heresys. I also am not a fan of the beveled grill on the Forte, would love to have it flat and recessed. Basically it would look like a tall Heresy.

Keep us updated on what you do, would love to see it.

I used the Wendell cane cloth on a pair of CS-1's. Very pleased with the look. If you do a search on "Another pair of CS-1's" you should see a couple of pictures and the process I went thru. Can't remember how much I paid for the cloth but it was very reasonable. I bought enough to re-grill my Cornwalls if I every get around to it. Hope this helps.