So, what's the story on Pilgrimage 2013??

Let me get this straight: There's been no official update here from Klipsch here since April 23rd, but it's been mentioned that the pilgrimage is probably going to be in Hope, Arkansas during the first week of August this year, which coincides with Hope Annual Watermelon Festival. This concerns me on two fronts: The heat & storm factor and hotel room availability. With the Watermelon Festival going on (Hopes biggest annual event), there will most likely be very few, if any, hotel rooms left. And the heat in Hope in mid-June hits as high as 110 degrees. I can't begin to imagine what the "dog days" of August will bring.

At any rate, I am sorry that I've brought a negative slant to the proposed plans. That wasn't my intention. But, personally, Verna and I would be unable to attend this year if that timeframe is kept because we would have a schedule conflict: Our home town of Allen Park, Michigan hosts its Annual Street Fair the first weekend of August. And during that weekend, on Friday and Saturday evening, the town sponsors a sort of annual high school reunion at the fair for all returning grads of the Allen Park High School, of which I belong to the class of 1970. Additionally, the city typically hires me to photograph the two-day event, so this is a "do-not-miss" event for us.

I am so sorry everyone, because the annual Klipsch events are so very important to us both, too. We have so many wonderful friends at Klipsch and within the forum that we look forward to seeing each year. I will stay tuned here to see if anything changes. But, if early August is firm, I hope the Pilgrimage will be a huge success! We will miss each and every one of you! -Glenn

• 2 weeks later...

There's been no official word on the pilgrimage for this year since April 23rd and there's not been much chatter here about this among the members. It's sad to say there most-likely will not be a pilgrimage this year. I hope this isn't the start of a trend. :( -Glenn

• Moderators

There is one, I just can't seem to get Trey on the forum. It's being planned to coincide with the watermelon festival - we will be sponsoring a stage. I'll try to get the details from Trey.

Sorry for the late notice, everyone!

• Klipsch Employees

OK Gang here we go...I know we are a bit late this year but we changed the timing................................................

We will open the plant for tours and listening demos on Sat. Aug. 10th 2013. ...........................................................................

(9am) We want to have the Pilgrims come to the plant on Sat Morning for tours of the Plant and Lab..............................

(12pm) Break for lunch ........................

(1:30pm) Listening and demos in Lab and front office listening room................................

(3 pm) Plant visit is over, festival is open for visitors.............................

(6 pm) Meet and Greet......................................

(8 pm) Jason Helms Band .............................

(9 pm) Tracy Lawrence.............................

IF YOU WANT A ROOM, BOOK NOW!!!!!

Hotel info

$65.95 KING OR DOUBLE

Super 8 Hope

2000 Holiday Drive

Hope, AR 71801

(870) 777-8601

super8.com?

..........................................................................................

https://plus.google.com/101976171282928580665/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

I am working on the Farm House...

• Like 1