1990 LaScalas up for sale

wayoutback

Sadly the all too common tale has come to my house. I bought these black lacquered LaScalas (serial #'s 900009570 and 71) while stationed overseas. My pride and joy all these years. I married my wife some 17 years ago and had the LaScalas, a dog that loved me, and a convertible. The dog disowned me for bringing another woman in the house. The convertible went soon after when the first child was born. However, I put my foot down over the last remaining vestige of my free flying premarried life. I've read/heard many tales like this but thought that i could hold on, I could weather the storm, I could keep the beasts and my love life. The dream is over and it does seem to matter what I say about likely never getting back. The LaScalas have finally forced out of the house and will likely not ever return. So i am facing reality and ready to find a new home. The cabinets are show the wear of many moves. Both are missing the Klipsch plates off the front. They may be around but I need to look for them. Making an initial offering at $1000. They are located in Roseburg, OR and with some notice can be moved to an accessible site for listening. I'll try to get some photos up for disclosure soon.

• Like 1

Dang sorry to hear that but you come to good place to sell them maybe in the future get some Heresys ?? Curious was it the wife who kicked them out and why, cause you can make them look very pretty you know. http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/162640.aspx?PageIndex=1 Maybe show her mine that I re-veneered couldn't hurt to try. Rick

They are just too darn big and prominent. She did comment how movies are not quite the same without them. Our house is small and we don't listen to music all that much anymore. I was probably more dramatic than I needed to be. If I really pressed she would acquiesce but she is the one who is in the house all the time. I'm just gone working all the time.

They are just too darn big and prominent. She did comment how movies are not quite the same without them. Our house is small and we don't listen to music all that much anymore. I was probably more dramatic than I needed to be. If I really pressed she would acquiesce but she is the one who is in the house all the time. I'm just gone working all the time.

wayoutback,

I think you've got good instincts in your decision. There are some things more important than speakers.

In our house there is no man cave or space that is just 'mine.' When you really share space with another person consensus is important.

Having 'my way' is nearly not as important as having my wife's respect.

• Like 1

wayoutback,

I think you've got good instincts in your decision. There are some things more important than speakers.

In our house there is no man cave or space that is just 'mine.' When you really share space with another person consensus is important.

Having 'my way' is nearly not as important as having my wife's respect.

Been there, got the T-Shirt. First it was the Firebird (twins just didn't fit in the back). Several dogs came and went without my approval. (I did manage to keep the cat through the divorce. Great pet.) The speakers got second class status even through my present marriage. Ended up in the kid's playroom where they were abused. Next was a friend's basement for several years. Thirty years after purchasing them, they reside in my home theater. If I hadn't of held on to them through the years, I wouldn't have great speakers in my HT. If you have any options, consider holding on to them. Good luck.

• 1 year later...

I would certainly like to look at least. I believe I'm tied up Tuesday and Wednesday for at least part of those days. Must have info as to when they can be showed. and listened to. No need to let my wife know as it would just complicate things. Prefer to keep it simple. She uses the same email as I do so nothing is safe on email.

I will need phone # and address with available times. Ahhh hellll go ahead and send a PM