Sub Envy at a WHOLE new level!

Youthman

• Moderators

I was searching google images for Klipsch and saw this. I really don't have any words to say.....pretty much speechless.

Those RF-7ii and RC-64 used to be considered "Large" speakers......guess it's all about perspective.

Here is the link to the AVS Forum. Link

16 x 18" in a 1500 square foot room. Absolutely could not imagine! He has so much bass, it literally is causing damage in his house. Link

21750#post_23159841LL

Not impressed. That reminds me of some of these kids cars these days. Once you have enough bass to keep up with your mains, you're good to go. Everything else is for show or a waste. He could easily overpower his mains with half of what he's built or less.

That's amazing, I don't think it's worth the money spent but to each his own! I enjoy the heck out of looking at it and reading about it! I would imagine it's some super clean, low distortion bass once it's dialed into the rest of the system.

Believe it or not, he'd get even better bass performance if he moved half of the subs to the back wall, and introduced just enough delay so that they would cancel the incident wave of the front sub array at the rear wall: the double bass array technique.

Here is a thread where different techniques are discussed to reduce or eliminate room mode issues: bottom line is to either use arrays of subs OR put the subs in the corners of the room. Decoupling them from the room boundaries is a much less effective approach, since it results in decreased lf performance by way of poorer low frequency FR smoothness, among other issues.

Chris

That is a screen I see (just barely) behind all those subs, not very useful if you can't see the screen!

I think that pic is just to show the subs, if you click the link you can see where they will actually be in the room.

I really don't have any words to say.....pretty much speechless

That is a beautiful setup and it would be nice to have that type of setup. The great thing is that all of us with a lot less in the sub department are still enjoying great bass in our setup.

Regardless of what we think about it, you gotta admit it would be pretty intense during any LFE scene. Big Smile

I can't imagine it honestly, tonight my in-laws were over for dinner and they brought Loopers on Blu-ray. The bass was so loud and deep on my tiny little system that I had to dial it back, it was uncomfortable. That movie has insane bass! I couldn't even imagine that movie on something like what he has. It would massage your organs and not in a comfortable way. [:P]

Regardless of what we think about it, you gotta admit it would be pretty intense during any LFE scene. Big Smile

Agreed. Perhaps too insane for his room/house? The biggest hurdle (that I've yet to overcome) in my room is the walls. Wood paneled walls are a nightmare at a certain volume with the rattles that can occur. I can't imagine what this is doing to his home :/

Here's the subwoofer install that truly left me speechless, followed by a fit of uncontrollable laughter, and ending with a sprint to the bathroom. [6]

....a fellow audio enthusiast on the other side of town is armed with this in his home theater, and was kind enough to have me over a few times for a clobbering...uh, listening session. [^o)]

How his house is still standing is beyond me. It can throttle the living piss out of the entire property, at its lowest setting. [:|]

trw171.jpg

trw172.jpg

trw173.jpgtrw172.jpg

How can the RF-7's keep up with that much bass unless he has them back WAY off.

If the system is calibrated right the 7's will have no problem keeping up and the most pronounced effect from the subs will be the ultra low bass to rattle the bones. The LFE channel is set for 115 db and even with redirected bass, I doubt it will go pass 120 db in any movie. Not that 115-120 db is not impressive with all the ultra low bass.