Klipsch Black KLF-30 Speakers - $600 (Chanhassen, MN)

opusk2k9

Incredible speakers. I know they are worth more. In case you don't know,
they are huge (almost 4 feet tall) and weigh over 100 lbs each. Used
less than 2 years. Original owner. Crites makes replacement parts in
case anything ever went wrong. One of my woofers has a loose dust cover.
I reglued it. It doesn't look as good as I had hoped. I have ordered a
replacement for that woofer directly from Klipsch. The woofer alone is
$122 + shipping. If you are interested, I will tell you when I receive
it. You may come and listen yourself. The KLF's sound great as is but
you will also have a backup woofer when it is all said and done. One of
the grille covers is missing the Klipsch label. Never bothered to
replace it. I will not respond to any offer below $600. Don't take it
personal. I have researched these speakers thoroughly. Just don't want
someone to buy them just to resell them and make money. Others will list
for $700 - $1000 or higher for the pair. Check it out online. KLF-20
and KLF-10 have been listed for more. I want some enthusiast that can
truly enjoy as I did. Check out online reviews. Just don't have the
space for them any longer. Used them as mains for home theater that we
no longer have the space for and haven't used for last 7 years.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/ele/3732354946.html

No affiliation. Great speaker, great price.

post-53438-13819831777162_thumb.jpg

I think that you got the better loudspeaker from a hot rodding point of view. I much prefer the sound of a ten over the sound of a twelve inch woofer. You should immediately buy a pair of Bob's titanium tweeter diaphragms and replace your stock poly diaphragms which are thin black shiney plastic film skins of the worst kind klipsch ever made or used. Later look for a pair of Titanium mid diaphragms nd you will be well on your wy to upgrading your KLF20 to a whole other level. Great speaker you have there much is waiting for you to discover with them. Why not look for another set of KLF20to use as centre front and rear they will make the perfect match and they blow away a C7. People are buying C7 for $400.00 and more and that is just nuts. Best regards Moray James

thanks for all the advice moray james. i am new to klipsch forum and a new klipsch owner. my room is too small to use klf20 as center and rear. on another subject, when someone has a for sale posting and i wanted to buy, how is the transaction typically handle? i appreciate all the advice james.

thanks for all the advice moray james. i am new to klipsch forum and a new klipsch owner. my room is too small to use klf20 as center and rear. on another subject, when someone has a for sale posting and i wanted to buy, how is the transaction typically handle? i appreciate all the advice james.

A box exactly half the volume with the same vents would tune one woofer to the exact same frequency and be half the size. You could save the cabinets till you have a larger room or if that is not in the cards you could cut down the bottom of the KLF20 cabinet and make it into a one woofer cabinet just fix a new bottom. That's a pretty simple diy. The woofers could be used for sub duty or sell them and make some cash back. I imaging you could easily get $150.00 for a pair of good KLF20 woofers more on Ebay. You can work out the details via PM that way you have a copy of all the information exchanged. You might want to look for a local deal. If I sold you a woofer I would expect you to pay me in advance along with the shipping expenses. You might want pictures of the driver and how it is packed. Always easier with people who you know. Good luck buddy. Best regards Moray James.

Good luck with the purchase. The KLF-C7 doesn't have a grill, but $200 is a good price from what I have seen.

The modified KLF-10 looks interesting. However, I can't fit in my setup the KLF-C7 one the shelf below my TV, so the "KLF-C10" would be out of the question.

personally I would take the CF3 over a KLF30 in a heartbeat. Much larger and better horn in a three driver two way which will integrate over a much shorter distance than a three way will and a much better crossover design. The KLF is not in the same league as the CF. Unless your main concern is pushing air then then the KLF30 is the winner. Best regards Moray James.