KlipschTapes

JRH

I need a decent reel to reel player (recording not necessary) to evaluate the 500 or so PWK tapes that we have in the archive. Many have no identifying marks whatsoever. The result could be a "KlipschTapes Volume 2" with High Definition Tape Transfers:

http://www.highdeftapetransfers.com/store_home.php?retain_notices=Y&retain_warnings=Y&retain_errors=Y

Anyone have a verifiably operational unit that they would part with at "a reasonable price"? It needs to be 7 1/2 and 15 ips. Revox would be nice.

Jim Hunter

Hi Jim:

Other than the speed requirement of the tapes, do you have any idea on if they are 2 track or 4 track? Assuming the tapes are all 1/4" format.

I do have a large collection of the master recorders but I believe you need one that is in portable configuration.

So are you looking for a machine to audition the tapes or do actual transfer?

Ki

I need a decent reel to reel player (recording not necessary) to evaluate the 500 or so PWK tapes that we have in the archive. Many have no identifying marks whatsoever. The result could be a "KlipschTapes Volume 2" with High Definition Tape Transfers:

http://www.highdeftapetransfers.com/store_home.php?retain_notices=Y&retain_warnings=Y&retain_errors=Y

Anyone have a verifiably operational unit that they would part with at "a reasonable price"? It needs to be 7 1/2 and 15 ips. Revox would be nice.

Jim Hunter

I have one. See PM. We'll no I don't. I was in a hurry to leave the house and didn't pay attention to the specifics of what you need.

Ten. But Bob Moers did not think the quality was very good (per conversation with Gary Gillum). I believe they were recorded by Dick Moore. I have not auditioned, and they will likely be near the end once I get a machine.