Meanwhile, back in Russia........

sputnik

Russia won the cold war?

Yep, except that when Khrushchev uttered his infamous quote, "History is on our side. We will bury you," none of us really knew that he actually meant bury us with military surplus capacitors and tubes for audio.......[:P]

post-38331-1381983188363_thumb.jpg

I like the jail cell made out of rebar. They know how to save money over there.

They had their "sequester" last year....

ROTFLMAO...... Russia's been fresh out of rich private sector industrialist to tax since forever.

I heard that the sequester hit the WhiteHouse so hard that the staff is no longer using toothpicks to serve the olives in the presidents Martini's. No little plastic swords or fancy umbrellas either. Times are hard up on the Hill.

Russia won the cold war?

Well, it sure wasn't the USA..... so initially yes, JFK screwed the pooch with his Bay of Pigs snafoo .... but in the long run, no they didn't win either because the Soviet Union reached the only destination it could have ever gone to, and was dismantled by it's own citizens.

They gave up due to being unable to outspend us. Reagan buried them with a military build up they could not compete with. Their system is much to blame, but if anything the decline in the price of oil was the real culprit. The combination was devastating. The price of oil decline also put Texas in a world of hurt back then. Remember walkaways? Saw it first hand, as for my luck I was just buying at the time and got a great deal.