Klipsch stadium airplay

McMiRA

Not listed. And this is from sema last year, I take it the project never made it off the workbench. Would really love one for the office. Or a ruggered version like a jobsite radio for the beach. Hint hint

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am sure street price will be less... 112dbs... yikes!

Stadium-Angle_635132885561420000_medium.

Frequency Response: 26Hz-24KHz +/-3dB
MAX ACOUSTIC OUTPUT: 112dB (0.5m near field)
AMPLIFIER: High Resolution All Digital Amplification: 400 Watts Peak
HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVERS: 2 x 1" (2.5 cm) Titanium diaphragm LTS compression drivers mated to dual 90° x 90° Tractrix® Horns
MID-FREQUENCY DRIVERS: 2 x 3.5" (8.9 cm) Aluminum diaphragm w/Faraday Rings
LOW FREQUENCY DRIVERS: 2 x 5.25" (13.3 cm) long-throw Subwoofers
CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 200Hz and 2KHz, 24dB/Octave 4th Order slopes
ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass-reflex w/ Tractrix® Port technology
INPUTS: Airplay, DLNA, Bluetooth aptX®, Optical Digital, USB for Digital Input from iDevice, RCA analog
WEIGHT: 28.5 lbs (12.9 Kg)
DIMENSIONS: 8.25" (21cm)H x 21" (53.3cm)W x 8.5" (21cm)D
FINISH: Die-cast brushed aluminum
INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: Full-function remote control, batteries, antenna, device stand, AC power cord
Built From: 2013

The Stadium Airplay may be in a class by itself. I haven't yet seen any high-end docks from any other companies.

That unit looks like a serious piece of gear. Hopefully we'll see some reviews soon that will let the buying public know if it sounds as good as it should.

• 2 months later...

We put the STADIUM up against the $3000 McIntosh piece and it simply destroys it. We took our time and we got it right. The electonics were done several months before the launch - usually the critical path in a program like this - and we spent most of that time perfecting the fit and finish and delved into the minutia of tweaking firmware to make sure that setting it up and running it is like second nature. Connecting the STADIUM to your WiFi is now as simple as connecting your iPhone to the USB and pushing a button - the STADIUM gets the WiFi credentials from your iPhone (or Touch or iPad) and connects itself to your home router.

I've hade a Beta system at home for about 6 months now - we've been testing electronics and firmware for over a year now - and I'm jealous that I don't have a Production or at least a Pre-Production unit... the fit and finish is that much better... but even the Beta is "not to shabby". We ran two separate Beta builds and two separate Pre-Production runs; to say that we fussed over this one would be an understatement.

The cabinet is cast aluminum, quite expensive and very rigid, yet the construction is such that it is acoutically dead when you rap it with your knuckles.The tweeter is the titanium LTS unit from the Reference line. The midrange also operates in compression and is an aluminum dome. By doing this, excursion and therefore the distortion is ruduced in the critical midrange. The system is tri-amplified (six amplifier channels) with all the signal processing done in the digital domain. Pick the unit up, and you will realize that it has quite a heft to it, about 30 pounds worth, in fact. A new feature in the Klipsch Air app allows me to adjust tone controls to match my placement and room acoustics.

Now, more often that not, it is what I listen to at home. Except for the fact that can charge and play music over my iPhone's USB cable, it's not "a dock" in any sense of the word - it is my go-to home music system that, if needed, can also go to any room of my house.

• Like 2

I forgot to mention... this is not just an AirPlay system, there's complete connectivity for all your devices on your Wi-Fi network. It is DLNA capable, meaning that Androids can also use it with a good music player app. And it has Bluetooth for those devices that don't have Wi-Fi, or for when people come over and you don't want to give out your Wi-Fi password. Incidentally, Windows Media Player will play to it over Wi-Fi using "Play To", which has been much improved over the initial Windows 7 release. And of course there's always iTunes which is probably what most people will use on the PC. iTunes has the "Remote" app available that allows you to access content that is not on your phone through iTunes, so if you compress your music to fit more music on your phone, it doesn't mean you have to listen to compressed music at home - just store it as full bit rate wav (1411 kbps) files on your computer and get to your music via the Remote app. Many other audio apps like YouTube and iHeartRadio will also play. The USB charging connector on the back allows you to charge phones and tablets, and if it's an Apple device it will also take and play digital audio directly over the USB while charging. RCA stereo analog digital PCM via the optical SPDIF connections are there for non-wireless sources as well.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mphrsy

i cant wait so i ordered and got it yesterday. so far so good. still need to play with it more. ill share whatever feedback i can later for those who are considering buying it.