Synergy series or Reference series?

Tibz35

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum and the brand :)

Klipsch seems like an amazing brand and I'm looking forward to trading in my Boston Acoustics Soundware satellites for a new set of Klipsch speakers.

I have my home theater in the basement and it's an open concept roughly 20' by 25'.

Currently best buy has the 5.0 synergy series on sale for $700 (f10s, b20s and c10).

I like my movies and music loud so I'm wondering if I should get my feet wet with this set or save up for the reference series. Right now the reference series is about 2k.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!!!

Personally I would save for the reference. The F10 is the starter of the Klipsch palate and it only gets better from there.

The other question is do you need brand new speakers? Often you can get great deals on Heritage which would put the F10´s to shame and depending on who you ask best the reference.

Just my €0,02

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums. I remember when I bought my first pair of Klipsch. I had a nice Polk Audio system. When I fired up the CF-2's, it was like I was hearing music for the first time. So much more detail and clarity...I was hooked for life.

My advice is to go demo as many klipsch speakers as possible and see what your ears like best and which models will satisfy you.

Thanks for the quick replies... That is the problem, there aren't too many dealers here that have the following series hooked up for demo. I may just go and purchase them, try them at home and then compare them to the reference series at a different story. I've been looking for used sets as well but seems like people hang onto these speakers!

I have a denon avr 590 which is 75wrms per channel. Do you think that is enough power for now?

Cheers

Tim (Newmarket Canada)

Make sure you call around for best pricing! Should be able to get 20-30% off of retail. That should

Get you more towards your reference price. Welcome to the forum. And your receiver has enough power to power say the rf-82ii home theater to ear bleeding levels.

You have got a big space to fill, get some fairly large towers. 150-600 watt range like RF 82 or the biggest Synergy depending on which way you are leaning. Those RF 15's are to small for your HT needs. If you go with the RF 15's then a couple of nice subs should be on the short list of gear.

Guys someone is selling some older RF-15s and a matching 12" sub for $650...havent heard much of these but I'd have to get a center to match it. Any thoughts?

I think this could be a good leed, RF-82's in mint condition he has the matching RC 62 as well. He's asking $700 for the 82's but I'm sure he might make a deal. http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649043039-klipsch_rf82_and_rc62/

RW-12 sub can be had new for 300 and brand new rf-42ii can be had for 400 so 700 brand new total. 650 is not a good price for them regardless of condition. Keep looking much better deals out there to be had. I scored some rf-82's for 200 rc-62 for 200 and rs-52 for 350. 750 for a full 82 home theater! The deals are out there just have to be patient.

Keep looking much better deals out there to be had. I scored some rf-82's for 200 rc-62 for 200 and rs-52 for 350. 750 for a full 82 home theater! The deals are out there just have to be patient.

Different buying envioronment up here unfortunately. Need WAY more patience. There are deals up here but need to jump fast on them.

Tibz35, I'm in east toronto and can give you a good feel for what the RF 35's (same size as 82's but older) can do with a rc64 and rb81 as surrounds if interested in coming down for a session. I have extra set of RB61's I can swap out to give you a feel for them as well.

Also have Heresy II's if you haven't heard heritage line.

I'm with the guys and saying you need to be patient to get what you're looking for.