Synergy series or Reference series?

Tibz35

I actually saw some nice equipment at Newegg.com but unfortunately shipping isn't available to Canada. Any sites that you know ship go Canada?

Shipping and fees from US kills most if not all deals from online companies.

Ive bought a few things and had them shipped up here and the brokerage fee's are ridiculous, when I bought my Klipsch sub 12 5years ago the shipping/brokerage/duty added another $200 on top of it. Sometimes Future shop (like a Canadian Bestbuys ) has the klipsch speakers on half off, but I'm not sure when there sales are.

Ajoker2c - thanks very much for that info and invite! I may have to take you up on that when I'm in the area. I'd like to hear those and get an idea...

But yes brokerage fees are a killer... I wonder if those US address companies lessen the hurt at all... Would still have to bring over the border. East Hamilton Radio has some nice deals on speakers too right now that I may check out. Thanks everyone, now I just have to keep track of all these different model numbers!

Ajoker2c - I may have to take you up on that when I'm in the area. I'd like to hear those and get an idea... have to keep track of all these different model numbers!

I would think sticking with rf 82's for that size room wuld be good. The rf 35's can handle that size as well. My room is 15x25.

PM me anytime if your interested in checking them out....

I feel like I just cheated on a girlfriend... I hate to say it, but I found a set I couldn't pass up... They happen to be Definitive Technology though.

It was $600 for a full set which sounded absolutely amazing. Found them on Kijiji and couldn't pass them up. Thanks to everyone in the Klipsch community for your help!

• Moderators

Try Kijiji for local used stuff, the site is down for maintenance at the moment,

It's allgonoshow's fault. LOL Just kiddin bro.

Congrats on the new system, even if it isn't Klipsch. We will still let you hang around.

Is it possible to order direct from Klipsch and ship to you???? Might be worth asking. Rick

klipsch requires Canadians to go through Gentel here in north Toronto. The mark up they do, I find prices them out of contention unless you have the coin and willing to pay the extra. I've tried to order individual parts (drivers for some rb61's iv) and they marked them up a lil too much when I priced them down in US and the Toronto guy who sells Klipsch parts on Ebay outside of Canadian distributer doesn't have them. I'm not going to flame on % of mark up,but I personally find it unreasonable.

By the way if anyone here has 2 spare drivers for them I'd love to work something out.....worth a shot!

Congrats on new speaker buy.....As long as you're happy it's all goooooood !...enjoy them. Ive never heard Defs.

Thanks everyone, I actually went to a local shop and heard the reference series and really liked them. The only problem was that I couldn't find a full set within my budget. The def techs are pretty amazing and I found a really good deal used. I really think my next set will be klipsch though...I have another room that I have to outfit in a couple of years :)