*Official* Chorus I owners' thread

wuzzzer

Let's hear your voice! How long have you had your Chorus? What speakers did you have previously that were replaced by your Chorus?

My story is I paid $50(!) for mine from craigslist a couple months ago. All drivers worked perfectly. I swapped the titanium midrange and tweeter diaphragms that I was running in my Forte IIs into them. Absolutely amazing sound! I did replace the grill cloth since the old grill cloth was disgusting. Replaced one of the copper Klipsch badges thanks to a forum member. Braced the cabinets a few weeks ago. I have less than $100 into them including the speakers themselves, gas to pick them up, grill cloth and wood to brace the cabinets. Best Klipsch investment I've ever made!!

Old story but, got them in lieu of pay when Home Theatre business with satellite was going bust was working for. OOak. Hauled them on top of my work vehicle to the hacienda in 2001. May have had help into the home(cannot remember).Listened with an old Panasonic Ra-6100 integrated receiver, and MCS turntable, and to FM. Hooked a cheap CD-player to Panny. Knew they were special but, when I joined here in 07 and thinking of moving them, spoke with a few here, decided they were keepers. They are resting now in another room but, the Carver A500X wants me to hook them up in place of my forte'.

Someone here said Chorus love watts, he was speaking to II's but, sameoh for the 1's in my listening experience. Still stock.

How are you powering yours?

How would you characterize the difference in sound between the Chorus and your old Forte II's?

Well, theres an obvious sensitivity difference. I think I prefer the sound of the exponential horn to the tractrix horn. I like the midbass and midrange of the Chorus better.

How would you characterize the difference in sound between the Chorus and your old Forte II's?

Well, theres an obvious sensitivity difference. I think I prefer the sound of the exponential horn to the tractrix horn. I like the midbass and midrange of the Chorus better.

What is it about the sound of the exponential horn that you like over the Forte II? The reason I am curious is because I am contemplating a home-built center to place between my Forte I's, but with the Forte II midrange horn, for wider dispersion...

I paid $600 for mine and I love them, in fact I liked them so much that I sold a pair of beautiful Cornwalls because the Chorus did such a good job and didn't have the large foot print.

People are always trying to compair the Chorus and the Forte. The Chorus is so much bigger and that 15" woofer dominates. Placement is an issue with the Forte as well. The Chorus is not as picky because of the front ports.

I really perfer the sound of a fully horn loaded speaker but, the Chorus is the next best thing in that line of Klipsch speakers.

I love mine!

in fact I liked them so much that I sold a pair of beautiful Cornwalls because the Chorus did such a good job and didn't have the large foot print.

I've said this before, but I would take either Chorus model over the Cornwalls any day of the week. If I had to give up my LS, some Chorus' would be on my radar.

Bruce

I bought my first pair in Harrisburg PA for my downstairs system. They sounded great, Then I found some vintage Khorns on this forum and another pair of Choruses for 200 bucks off of the local craigslist. So I now have 4 choruses as my primary speakers in my 5.1 home theater system. They work really well, and I also use them for two channel once and a while and they still sound great. The Khorns have me spoiled now though.

I replaced a pair of Epic CF-2's that I bought brand new in 1995 with a pair of minty black Chorus I's in late 2001 ($750). I loved that pair of Chorus I's and used them as my mains until 2004. In 2002 I bought some Chorus II's to be my mains, but actually preferred the Chorus I's, and the II's ended up doing surround duty. In 2004 I bought some La Scala's (now owned by CECAA850) which relegated my Chorus I's to the rear, and sold off the Chorus II's. In 2010 I bought some Cornwall II's to be my rears and sold the Chorus I's to Clermont Cop, but to be honest I preferred the Chorus I's and still miss them today. In 2011 I sold the Cornwall II's and replaced them with Tineo Heresy's (now in the bedroom) to match my Khorns until I bought jhoaks Cornscalas. In 2009 I replaced the La Scala mains with what is still there today, my beloved Khorns, restored beautifully by Greg Roberts.

The Chorus I's are a great speaker, and was my first introduction to the Heritage arena. I know, they are not technically known as Heritage speakers, but after hearing them I knew right then and there that was the kind of sound I was looking for. Since owning them I have gone on to buy (and sell) many different pairs of Heritage speakers, and they rank right below the Khorns and La Scala's in the pecking order.

Mike

I bought mine from a friend in the mid 90's for $600. They replaced a set of large RTR 250 bookshelf speakers. I have added popbumper's K-Stack crossovers, other wise stock.

My speaker swapping ended when I got these - perfect for my tastes. I run them through Class A solid state amps (Rod Elliott's Death of Zen or a Pass F3 clone) or my restored Sony V-FET TAN-5550.