HT Upgrade: Wet Bar, AT Screen, Fireplace.

WakeJunkie

Screen has been ordered!

Item# Name Price Yards Total

6409 Moleskin Matte (Silver) $12.00 3.0 $36.00 977 Moleskin Matte (White) $12.00 3.0 $36.00 Product Cost: 72.00 Shipping Cost: 14.10 Grand Total: $86.1

www.spandexworld.com

All screen materials are here.

Picked up the ScreenTight from Lowes yesterday.

Spandex.jpg

Edited by WakeJunkie

Looking great so far. I just ordered an automated motorized curtain system but I still want to add horizontal masking. Im doing a similar project just the opposite. I have a 115 2:35 screen and want to mask for 16:9 content. If you have time could you list the parts you are using/where you purchased them. Id like to do the same and learn from you.

I found model number info on the motor:

60KTYZ

Input 110V 60Hz

Speed 15 RPM

No brand name or other markings except "102" written sideways on the label.

Thanks Trevmerrill, running an Oppo-105 straight to the amps instead of using Oppo-95 and McIntosh preamp, sounds just a little better then when you stopped by. Learned how to adjust the 105 on the AVS forum, and moved the screen back a few inchs, picture is much sharper now. 100" screen sitting just under 10 feet away. Using Eco mode and picture is still bright after 3,000 hours on the bulb.

Stop by for a brew to see if you agree. +1 for Seymour AT screens.

• Like 1

IMG_6357.JPG

Is it just me or does this picture make the room look small? The stone on the side is 3ft wide, screen is 130" diagonal for scale.

Stone looks great.

I sit 115" from 100" screen, I like the big screen. Go with what looks right when watching a movie at the cost of making the room feel cozy. . . THX has some good recommendations on viewing angles.

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 1

Thanks Trevmerrill, running an Oppo-105 straight to the amps instead of using Oppo-95 and McIntosh preamp, sounds just a little better then when you stopped by. Learned how to adjust the 105 on the AVS forum, and moved the screen back a few inchs, picture is much sharper now. 100" screen sitting just under 10 feet away. Using Eco mode and picture is still bright after 3,000 hours on the bulb.

Stop by for a brew to see if you agree. +1 for Seymour AT screens.

Your set up was VERY nice and deserves to be commended :) Did you move the screen back into the cavity you built for your equipment or end up switching your gear to that other wall? The one we had discussed you having khorns on? Glad to hear the tweaking is working out for you in the best way. "Stop by for a brew" did you mean "view" or did you take up the hoppy goodness? You declined my delicious treat the last time I was there ;) Wake, you seem to be spot on with your decisions thus far. The room looked great to begin with but will be an obvious treat when you're completed with it :)

Wake, I saw the pics of your reuse of the innards from your previous roll down screen. Nice ingenuity and reuse! Question: How do you intend on keeping the spandex taught enough, side to side, to prevent waves if your using it as a roll down as opposed to a permanent fixture?

Wake, I saw the pics of your reuse of the innards from your previous roll down screen. Nice ingenuity and reuse! Question: How do you intend on keeping the spandex taught enough, side to side, to prevent waves if your using it as a roll down as opposed to a permanent fixture?

The electric screen components are for my electric masking system.

I am building a fixed screen.

The electric screen components are for my electric masking system.

I am building a fixed screen.

Gotcha, that makes sense.

Made some progress.

IMG_6384.JPG

Without the flash is a more realistic view of what it looks like:

IMG_6383.JPG

Started removing the plywood from the workshop side of the wall. I am building an enclosure for the sub and an equipment rack that will recess into the wall.

IMG_6380.JPG

IMG_6379.JPG

IMG_6378.JPG

Edited by WakeJunkie

I can't believe that you're not building an IB with that adjacent room.

That would be sweet....But. Two reasons I have not seriously considered it.
1. It is a woodshop, way to dusty for any electronics to have open airflow of anykind.
2. Noise into the house. Currently the concrete wall with the screen on it separates the HT from the Bedroom end of the house.
The HT can be used at a moderate level without disturbing my wife sleeping in the master bedroom. When the guys come over, we play Halo until the early morning hours.

I can't believe that you're not building an IB with that adjacent room.

That would be sweet....But. Two reasons I have not seriously considered it.
1. It is a woodshop, way to dusty for any electronics to have open airflow of anykind.
2. Noise into the house. Currently the concrete wall with the screen on it separates the HT from the Bedroom end of the house.
The HT can be used at a moderate level without disturbing my wife sleeping in the master bedroom. When the guys come over, we play Halo until the early morning hours.

1 The amp doesn't have to be in the woodshop. You can also drape something over the drivers when making sawdust. The drivers will "self clean" the rest when you crank it.

2 Can't help you there, the bass WILL travel. You could however turn it down or off if necessary.