HT Upgrade: Wet Bar, AT Screen, Fireplace.

WakeJunkie

I am starting the upgrade on the HT and can't wait to get started.

This is the plan:

I already have the stone, fireplace, and most of the lumber.

Google Drawing

This is what the HT/Game room looks like now.

DPP_0029.JPGBefore1

Before2

Best seat in the house. The 8ft beanbag. Can't beat it!

Before4

Before3

• Like 4

Sticking with the RF-3s for now. Spending the cash on the remodel for now.
I will be building a Spandex AT screen. I ordered fabric swatches this week.
The delima I am dealing with now is "How big is to big?" 100" is nice, but to small for my taste.
Primary viewing is from the Beanbag. 8.5ft from screen. Looking to go with about 120" - 130" but don't want to have to turn my head to see the screen.

Suggestions welcome.

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum brother! It's about time. I've only been trying to get you over here for how many years now?

"Maybe" you will have it setup by the time we come up to visit in May.

120" - 130" screen.......you know I'm jealous. Can't wait to see the stone and fireplace installed. Will really add to the decor of the room.

• Moderators

You sticking with your RF-3s or are you looking to go larger?

Michael, I tried to get Shaun to buy these RF-63's but he declined. [:P]

For kicks, check out his "Clothing Optional Media Room" renovation he did in his bathroom. Dude has more talent in his elbow than I do in my entire body. [:D] Dude even installed a subwoofer in the bathroom. How cool is that?

• Moderators

Shaun was the guy that helped me build my riser. I called him one day and said, "Man, I'm stuck....I can't figure this out." The next thing I know, the following weekend he loaded up his truck with tools and family and drove 600 miles one way for a "vacation" and helped me for 2 or 3 days to finish out my risers. I was going to just build a box to put my rear seats on....but instead, we ended up adding steps, lighting, romex, power and two outlets on the front and we carpeted it. I say all that to say I'm glad you are finally here in the Klipsch forums. There are some great guys here in the forums as well that will truly enjoy watching your progress as you pimp out your HT.

The Center Channel will go behind the AT screen.
It will be mounted a little higer than it is now, but not much.

I will actually be cutting a box into the block wall. It is not an exterior wall, but holds up the fireplace.
I will cut in a angle iron brick ledge.
Planning on a 36" wide opening to make room for Youthman's RC-64 I will upgrade to if I ever catch him not looking.

• Like 1

Shaun was the guy that helped me build my riser. I called him one day and said, "Man, I'm stuck....I can't figure this out." The next thing I know, the following weekend he loaded up his truck with tools and family and drove 600 miles one way for a "vacation" and helped me for 2 or 3 days to finish out my risers. I was going to just build a box to put my rear seats on....but instead, we ended up adding steps, lighting, romex, power and two outlets on the front and we carpeted it. I say all that to say I'm glad you are finally here in the Klipsch forums. There are some great guys here in the forums as well that will truly enjoy watching your progress as you pimp out your HT.

Now thats a friend lol.

Bigger is usually better. Especially when gaming. My Wife is a bigger gamer than me so we do multiplayer alot.
I can't go bigger than 130" due to height at 16:9 aspect.
When I get the spandex I plan to just hang it and project the image at 130."
If I watch a movie or two and don't get that feeling we are sitting on the front row at the movies then I will build the frame.

It looks like you can move the seating back if you wanted to?

Not without getting in the way of the pool table. The third row seating at the bar would be to close to the pool table if anything moves back at all.

130" screen from 8.5ft....
Any experience?

Welcome to the forums! I just read over your bathroom remodel thread at AVS that Youth linked to, amazing work! The tile work on the shower wall is awesome! By looking at what you did there, I have no doubt your theater will be awesome.