HT Upgrade: Wet Bar, AT Screen, Fireplace.

WakeJunkie

That will be a very nice addition to your HT. You've added so much to your HT that I guess I'll have to add a Jacuzzi to my room to even come close to topping yours. Haha

Just make your screen flip down instead of up and double as a trampoline. That will top him plus you'll be the hit of the neighborhood. :)

Made some great progress this weekend.

The Soda Fountain is working. I have Mountain Dew and Dr Pepper ready and on tap.

I pained the white freezer and mounted the dispenser through the lid.

I will get finished pics tonight.

paint.jpg

I dyed the freezer seal so it would not stick out so much. turned out closer to blue than black, but it is dark now and doesn't show.

rit.jpg

I mounted the carbonator on an 8" trailer tire so there will be no vibrations.

carbonator.jpg

I wouldn't call this area finished by a long shot.

I call it functional. At this point the goal was to get it all working.

One day I will finish it out nice and cover the electrical panels and build cabinets.

Until then I will just keep enjoying popcorn and soda.

soda1.jpg

I will do some more work on the drain, but for the time being the tray from the Coke machine is working well as a drip tray for both the sweet tea and soda.

soda2.jpg

buttons.jpg

Two flavors connected now. I will get some more soon.

I know a couple that run a restaurant that ordered me the Mt Dew and Dr Pepper.

I am still working on a way to get Coke products in the 2.5gal boxes instead of the big 5 gal.

I will add Coke and Barq's root beer. 4 flavors is plenty for now with a couple extra buttons for expansion if I ever want it.

syrup.jpg

• Like 2

Too cool!

Thanks, that reminds me. The component to build the digital temp control has still not come in. I am controlling the temp by using a timer on the outlet the freezer is plugged into.

It comes on for 30 minutes and off for 1.5hr once it has already run for a few hours to get the initial cold temp it needs.

Without doing this the lines will freeze even with the freezer on its lowest(or highest temp) setting.

Once the digital control is there I can maintain a constant 33-35deg temp and that will improve the quality by itself. As it is, it works pretty well, but you can tell if you catch it right before the freezer kicks back on. It is not quite cold enough. Dispensing soda water above 38deg is a waste. It will gas off and leave the soda flat. Run the freezer any more often and the lines start to freeze.

• Moderators

Told ya Shaun's brain thinks outside the box....outside the freezer box that is. :D Nice work bro. Might have to increase the HS Graduate's Trip cost for next year as they might blow through some soda and popcorn.

• Like 1

Told ya Shaun's brain thinks outside the box....outside the freezer box that is. :D Nice work bro. Might have to increase the HS Graduate's Trip cost for next year as they might blow through some soda and popcorn.

The good news is if I sold a soda with popcorn for 50 cents I would be making money. If I didn't have to buy the solo cups I would make money selling it for a quarter. The cups cost more than the product.

The good news is if I sold a soda with popcorn for 50 cents I would be making money. If I didn't have to buy the solo cups I would make money selling it for a quarter. The cups cost more than the product.
that's funny

Too cool!

Thanks, that reminds me. The component to build the digital temp control has still not come in. I am controlling the temp by using a timer on the outlet the freezer is plugged into.

It comes on for 30 minutes and off for 1.5hr once it has already run for a few hours to get the initial cold temp it needs.

Without doing this the lines will freeze even with the freezer on its lowest(or highest temp) setting.

Once the digital control is there I can maintain a constant 33-35deg temp and that will improve the quality by itself. As it is, it works pretty well, but you can tell if you catch it right before the freezer kicks back on. It is not quite cold enough. Dispensing soda water above 38deg is a waste. It will gas off and leave the soda flat. Run the freezer any more often and the lines start to freeze.

Kind of the same note with beer, I was watching bar rescue and the bar was serving their beer above 40 degrees. The host explained why it shouldn't be above 39. I went and checked mine, and it was at 45. I changed it and within the evening I noticed a difference. Couldn't believe 5 degrees makes that much of a difference.

The component finally arrived and I built the temp control for the freezer.

I cut a blank 1 gang plate to fit the opening of the control module. The module is actually designed to control the temp of an aquarium, but is a perfect fit and only cost $14 shipped.

I keep the freezer between 32 and 35 degrees. The oversized cold plate does a great job chilling the soda prior to dispensing.

temp2.jpg

Temp of the Mountain Dew in my glass. Nice cold 35 Degrees.

temp3.jpg

I got the rest of the syrups in yesterday.  Now have Coke Classic, Dr Pepper, Barq's Root Beer, and Mountain Dew.

I am about to have neck surgery so construction on any new projects is at a complete halt.

My precious wife hooked up the syrup boxes last night for me.  My neck is so jacked up I can't lift a 5 gallon box.

Root Beer in a frozen mug....heck yeah!

Ok...I am ready.  Football may now begin.

Root.jpg

• Like 2