speaker balance problems

sasqwatch

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem.I just installed my new xo in my khorns and am trying to do some critical listening but one speaker is substantially louder I can correct it with the balance but if i change the volume it is right back to bring way off again I don't believe it is in the amp I've tried a jolida tube amp and a nad solid state I'm pretty sure its not the xo.I will double check all connections this eve could it be cd player . I also have a sae pre amp that I have not used would it help if the balance issue is in the component train . Just looking for some ideas thanks. Stacy

Only thing I think of is volume control dirty or connections on crossover not good. Was it ok before crossover change? Pretty much narrows it down if it was ok before,, check all joints on crossover and wires going to drivers maybe installing caused some wires to lose connection. Rick

Only thing I think of is volume control dirty or connections on crossover not good. Was it ok before crossover change? Pretty much narrows it down if it was ok before,, check all joints on crossover and wires going to drivers maybe installing caused some wires to lose conn ection. Rick

the k horns are new to me I only listened to them very little before the crossover upgrade so I cant say for sure I will check all wires and component connections after work probably try a different c d player also .I did use the pipe insulation trick to seal them to corner made a nice improvement didn't have to glue it went on snug .hope I can get balance issue worked out this eve this is my first set of k horns and the new x o are new Dean g so I'm really looking forward toenjoying them thanks for your insight Stacy

Well Rick I worked till 10:00 Sat so I just got started I switched L&R channels on my amp and the balance issue followed so i believe it is in amp I have to go to niece birthday so i am going to try the same test with the solid state amp when I get home if you would like to see pic do a search under recapping k horn advice thanks for checking to see if i worked out my problem I think it may be in my tube amp I'm going to check all connections from amp to cross over this afternoon Stacy

It was my receiver was going cd player to receiver then receiver pre out to amp so i could use volume control of the receiver and balance controls . When i go cd player to amp their is no balance issue with either amp .what do u think is wrong with receiver is it the balance control or the volume control because the balance kept changing with volume level ie low volume then correct balance then any increase or decrease of volume would shift balance?

It sounds like the receiver Stacy, which one are you using? Can you swap it out with another unit?

I'm not sure what the problem could be, unless the balance control is behind the volume and you are turning both at the same time. I had a Sansui (I think) that did that. I had to hold the balance knob while turning the volume up or down.

Similar to this one....

$(KGrHqRHJD!E9!ZW0LRUBPWp+44b6g~~60_35.J

Dennie

Dennie the receiver is a nad c730 it has two totally different knobs one to control volume one to control balance I wonder if they need cleaned .just bought a new old stock sae tuner I haven't opened the factory sealed box maybe tomorrow after work ill check it out I dont know if it has pre outs tonight I just hooked cd player straight to amp to get some listening in thanks for the reply. Stacy