Palladium P 39F with scratched woofer

IanOD

I have a pair of P 39F's and the bottom woofer on each one have imperfections. I would like to replace them and have even called Klipsch about the replacements. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this? I want to do it myself but am very worried I could mess them up further. Has anyone had to have this done before and you have an exploded view or know of someone qualified. I'm hoping if I need to bring them somewhere it doesn't cost an arm and a leg...

The Palladum forum does not get much traffic. Some of the speaker gurus will chime on this thread and be glad to help or offer advice. Get some good pictures up so they can see what the exact problem is with the speaker as Mongo 171 suggested. How old are the speaker? It sounds like a wearing or age process.

Here you go. Not too difficult if you are mechanically inclined.

How do you like the P39s?

You have to tell us your story.

EDIT: Before you ask, just use solder, plain old solder. I was doing some work on a pair of B&W 800's and asked their engineer if I should use silver solder and he laughed and said that they use "plain old solder."

Palladium driver replacement instructions.pdf

Let me get this straight.

You've bought yourself a pair of $20,000 speakers and you're worried about the cost of repairing something that you believe are imperfections but in all likelyhood have absolutely no affect on the sound?

Welcome to the world of "luxury" (BS) (ie: overpriced, how much will you pay) audio.

Uhm....to each his own [:'(]

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.