Palladium P 39F with scratched woofer

IanOD

I have Khorns and Palladium P-39F and without a doubt the Palladium walk all over the Khorns for shear musicality. They are a generational improvement on the heritage line and take horn speakers to the next level. Worth every cent

Even in bass transient response and awesomeness of bass attack?

I have Khorns and Palladium P-39F and without a doubt the Palladium walk all over the Khorns for shear musicality. They are a generational improvement on the heritage line and take horn speakers to the next level. Worth every cent

I totally agree the Palladium sound better overall, but there will be an ever so slight edge in dynamics for that big bass horn versus the direct radiators. I'm surprised that soldering is involved for this repair - that's a lot of extra expense for someone that doesn't already own the tools.

I totally agree the Palladium sound better overall, but there will be an ever so slight edge in dynamics for that big bass horn versus the direct radiators.

I tend to agree with this statement, however I have found that "P-39F" placement (in a large room), in corners (slightly toed in) compensates for any loss in bass dynamics (compared to the k-horn).

When I compare the KHorns to the P39-f the first thing that becomes clear is the Bass from each speaker. The KHorns bass is more Woolly and less focused than the p39's, especially at lower volumes. The KHorn midrange I found to dominate the music and high frequency reproduction was less sharp. It's like the KHorns dont have the tonal accuracy of the P39's.

The P39's are a harder load to drive on my Cary 211's but the sound is much more unified. The bass, midrange and high frequencies are in proportion. The bass has a tight punch to it, you find yourself looking for a sub woofer that isn't there. The Tatrix horn is liquid and smooth without the harshness my KHorns have at higher volume levels. The P39's give the accuracy of electrostatic speakers and the dynamics, volume and soundstage of a truly great horn.

I totally agree the Palladium sound better overall, but there will be an ever so slight edge in dynamics for that big bass horn versus the direct radiators.
I tend to agree with this statement, however I have found that "P-39F" placement (in a large room), in corners (slightly toed in) compensates for any loss in bass dynamics (compared to the k-horn).

And you do not need to move to find a house that has perfect corners and seating in the exact right spot.

• 6 years later...