Why bother with tweeters with treble extension?

garyrc

Here is a bass test video that cover the full frequency spectrum, Some of you try it and for fun let see how high of a frequency your hearing will go.[:D]

If 5 people tell their HF cutoff, I will tell mine, lol.[^o)] The Prescence Range of the frequency spectrum is 3.5-6 kHz. This is where most of the energy is at in the frequency spectrum.

my hearing only goes to a little higher than 14khz (almost to 15khz), I had this tested recently. but I still hear some "air" when extension is present higher than that. especialy cymblas, violins and snare drums sound better to me with higher enxtension. I suspect it is do to the interaction of overtones, harmonics, etc. T

If 5 people tell their HF cutoff, I will tell mine, lol.Hmm

According to my trusty SPL meter (to confirm my Sony MDR-AS40EX ear buds are even playing anything at all) I'm good out to 18.1 KHz...but.... it's gotta be played back stupid loud and using ear muffs or the like to filter out ambient noise.

With a typical log sweep on a flat system, I'd never pick out anything above 16K.

Beyond that it's hard to tell due to the limits of my audio equipment.

P.S.- The Youtube link has the treble clearly low-passed above 8 KHz. Try http://onlinetonegenerator.com/hearingtest.html instead.

post-42237-13819832695084_thumb.png