Boston Marathon

kapsnb01

I suppose this sets the new standard. That should work great for the government in the future.

Let's hope so! I'm all for positive outcomes when it comes to government working for the people it was set up for--After all it is "We the people" who make up our government. Paradise

So......would it be ok if the government said there is a nutty killer on the loose, you stay in your house till further notice, to many thousands of people? I'm all for stopping violent crime, and would be much better than the government for that matter at keeping it from happening in the first place. I'm just a little surprised at the reach and acceptance of it. I'm mighty glad they got the guys.

You can't... However, you can at home and in your neighborhood. An intruder would be taking a big risk marchng upon my home.

Well, unless you weren't there and they wanted to break-in and steal whatever you are insinuating you have.

I carry the one I use and as far as stealing the others they better have some plastic explosives.

It is also best to keep politics and religion out of this forum. It seems to always pop its ugly head by a select few.

So......would it be ok if the government said there is a nutty killer on the loose, you stay in your house till further notice, to many thousands of people? I'm all for stopping violent crime, and would be much better than the government for that matter at keeping it from happening in the first place. I'm just a little surprised at the reach and acceptance of it. I'm mighty glad they got the guys.

We have friends in the Boston area and what you described as a government mandate wasn't as much as it was a civil response to an effective way to catch the killers in this domestic attack. Imagine the alternative as some have suggested as get their own guns and go after the killers--How chaotic would that be?[:S]

You can't... However, you can at home and in your neighborhood. An intruder would be taking a big risk marchng upon my home.

Well, unless you weren't there and they wanted to break-in and steal whatever you are insinuating you have.

I carry the one I use and as far as stealing the others they better have some plastic explosives.

It is also best to keep politics and religion out of this forum. It seems to always pop its ugly head by a select few.

I didn't bring up politics or religion and what the heck does plastic explosives have to do with anything.[^o)]

Was it mandatory? I think most people would rather stay home than be the next carjack or collateral damage victim. A mandatory curfew however does have its' issues although these have been know to exist as well.

I agree and it's amazing how fast they caught these guys, There is nothing wrong with fighting 'Terrorism' in the most effective way possible and look at how long it took to catch (or kill) the unibomber, the Olympic Park bomber and Osama Bin Laden. {EDIT: This isn't a partisan issue for me because I vote as an Independent who loves being a Patriot to this country.}

We have friends in the Boston area and what you described as a government mandate wasn't as much as a civil response to an effective way to catch the killers in this domestic attack. Imagine the alternative as some have suggested as get their own guns and go after the killers--How chaotic would that be?Tongue Tied

I have an uncle that's lived in Boston 35 years. He was pretty surprised over 1 million people, all transport, schools, work was shut down, for one guy, a kid basically.I understand a kid can kill, they do every single day.

I'm just throwing out some questions that are kinda legit. Again, I'm glad they got em', if money were no object even better.

I didn't bring up politics or religion and what the heck does plastic explosives have to do with anything.Hmm

Plastic explosives is what it would take to get to the guns that you are insinuating that someone could just walk in and steal.

Plastic explosives is what it would take to get to the guns that you are insinuating that someone could just walk in and steal.

Okay. That only leaves politics and religion, which I didn't bring up and if plastic explosives is what a person needs whose intent is to steal your guns can we agree your weapons are safer than most that people have in their house?

I'd take the day off and watch it on TV.

There was taxi service, and people did go outside without persecution.

Inside the tactical location was an entirely different matter.

That's my impression. Imagine what the scenario would be if they didn't get these guys. [:S] Tonight's discussion would be alot different especially if we lived in the effected neighborhood and city. Instead this is a victory for those that want to fight Terrorism that happens in our country.

We had government mandates in WW II....Blackouts at certain times at night where the city was mandated to turn off all lights for fear of enemy bombers attacking a city,,,,You were mandated to join the Army (draft) You were mandated on how much food,,fuel you consumed,,etc.

...He was pretty surprised over 1 million people, all transport, schools, work was shut down, for one guy, a kid basically.I understand a kid can kill, they do every single day.

I dunno, Fish. When was the last 'kid' you knew or heard of that did this much damage and what did he use?

Edit: Wait. I'm sorry. I remember and it was his mother's guns. [:S]

There was one BULLY that terrorized a small town in Missouri,,,for many years,,Till they got fed up,,,The Bully was murdered,,Strangly no one new who did it or cared,,The police never found out,,,Some times a community gets together to get things done that law enforcement cant do..

There was one BULLY that terrorized a small town in Missouri,,,for many years,,Till they got fed up,,,The Bully was murdered,,Strangly no one new who did it or cared,,The police never found out,,,Some times a community gets together to get thing done that law enforcement cant do..

My guess is that Boston is glad they had law enforcement do it for them because as I mentioned earlier, without effective government there would be vigilantism and no tellin' how many innocent people would have died, much less anyone in the public having the resources to catch folks that didn't fit the profile.I admit these guys don't seem to fit the profile from what I've read so far--These fellas aren't Middle Eastern or White Extremists.

Btw, do you have a link to the bully you are talking about? I would be curious on how close he fits either profile.

No I dont have a link,,,But many people in North Mo. talk about it...I remember when I was a young kid,, a Bully in the older section of of St.Louis moved to upper Mo.,,, Ive always wondered if it was him,,,He would try to deliboratly pick a fight with all the kids in our neighborhood,,,He was in the Golden Gloves boxing club in StL. I told him one day,,That the state had a law that any Boxer useing his fists outside the Ring ,,Thats consdered a weapon,,He backed off,,I have,nt heard from him since.....So I still wonder what happened to him.