The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
jphilbeck

Question for you guys

How many of you put in a movie that you don't want to watch just to hear how great your speakers sound and what movie?

Guilty as charged. Normally it is The Expendables. Though I've also discovered through endless screenings with my 2 year old that Monster's Inc has a rediculous amount of bass on several of the scenes.

LOL, I do that all the time. I have lots of movies and most of them I have not watched since my last upgrade. Most recently I watched Die Hard just to hear what it might sound like.

I don't know about movies I know I don't like but I have been a lot more adventurous on movies I've never heard of before. It usually ends up going poorly and I found some terrible movies to suggest to my friends.

Transformers gets about 5 minutes of play every time someone new comes around, although I'm thinking of purchasing skyfall just for the final fight scene at bonds childhood home.

Guilty, Battleship has some incredible "show off the system" scenes and that's about all it has!

Can't think of a time that I ever did...

Monsters inc,,Battleship,,,we were soldiers,,,Django,,,Pearl Harbour....Open range... are good ones but I like them to..... guess they don't count. Rick

All the time, I love to demo my system for people when they come over as well but I'm guilty of popping in a movie just to watch a few minutes of it to "wow" myself from time to time. [:P] I pop in random movies that I know have a great sound track. I have a few hundred blu-rays so it's totally random.

I am very guilty of this. What's funny is I put in movies just to "check out" the sound or the pq and before I know it I just watched a whole movie that I had no intentions of watching.

thankfully, I've twin 7 year old boys, both who love Cars & Cars 2; one loves Transformers...

Dances with Wolves dts HD MA 7.1 Buffalo scenes...

We were Soldiers HD DVD version better than Blu, iirc

Top Gun HD DVD Dolby TrueHD 6.1 still pretty awesome, 1st 8 minutes...I'm sure the 3D Blu version is even better...

and Glory Dolby TrueHD 5.1: the scene from the battle of SHARPSBURG is awesome...Gods & Generals is the reason I have an HDTV, & of course, Gettysburg, Ride with the Devil, 300, Troy (Director's Cut), Flags of our Fathers (HD DVD Superior), Letters from Iwo Jima (JAPANESE Dolby TrueHD 5.1)...