Just ordered my Oppo BDP-103

themrclean

Just ordered this morning and it is coming to Ohio all the way from California which means I have to wait a week. This is going to be one long week. It might take me another year, but eventually I will have everything I need for this theater. As soon as my RF-7iis sell I will be ordering an Emo UMC-200 and then the hunt is on for the almighty THX Ultra2 speakers.

Congrats! I know how difficult it is waiting that week. Looking at the tracking info on it every few hours. Yep, you will love it. Have you started reading the users manual? It's ONLY 92 pages long.

http://download.oppodigital.com/BDP103/BDP-103_USER_MANUAL_English_v1.6.pdf

Here's a link to the AVS thread for it.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1432162/official-oppo-bdp-103-owners-thread

This should keep you busy until the delivery!

I received mine two weeks ago. Replaced my 3-4 year old Sony Blu-Ray.

Just a warning, upon opening the well packed carton, you will first find a very well done instructions on how to hook-up to your system. After I completed setting it up in less than fifteen minutes and turned it on. All I can say is WOW, the sound and picture improved dramatically. Even my wife immediately noticed the improvement. NetFlix streamed services greatly improved, with the picture & sound just incredible. Many of the streamed movies/shows are noted either as High Def quality. Plus it highlights if it is 5:1 sound, major improvement.

Plus Blu-Ray like I have never experinced before. I live in CT and it was shipped from CA and delivered within 5 business days. I hope you get as much enjoyment as we have. One of the few purchases I have made that I did not suffer any buyer's remorse. Even the Pandora music sounds better now on my system than ever before.

Enjoy! All the best, Jeff

I have the Oppo 93. This is the single best Blu-ray player I have ever owned. The ps3 slim I have downstairs paired with my Elite 70. Its also a great player and the pic quality is fantastic but not in comparison to the Oppos. These are by far the most easy to use, seamless, players out there. I have read great things about the 103 (but dont have a reason to swap as of now). You are in for a treat my friend. The manual is huge as was mine but it is one of the easiest well put together manuals I have ever read. They are long but they are extremely neat and organized. Lots of manuals today make it more confusing than its worth. I read through the JVC RS-45 Proj. manual. Was as thick as a bible lol and more confusing than one. Congrats on the new Blu player. Now just for those KL-650s to arrive ay. Your wait will much longer the week you order the THX speakers I can vouch for that.

I received mine two weeks ago. Replaced my 3-4 year old Sony Blu-Ray. Just a warning, upon opening the well packed carton, you will first find a very well done instructions on how to hook-up to your system. After I completed setting it up in less than fifteen minutes and turned it on. All I can say is WOW, the sound and picture improved dramatically. Even my wife immediately noticed the improvement. NetFlix streamed services greatly improved, with the picture & sound just incredible. Many of the streamed movies/shows are noted either as High Def quality. Plus it highlights if it is 5:1 sound, major improvement. Plus Blu-Ray like I have never experinced before. I live in CT and it was shipped from CA and delivered within 5 business days. I hope you get as much enjoyment as we have. One of the few purchases I have made that I did not suffer any buyer's remorse. Even the Pandora music sounds better now on my system than ever before. Enjoy! All the best, Jeff

It really is amazing. People say bits are bits and its all the same but that is not the case at all. [:D]. Im so glad i took a chance it really opened my eyes to a lot of other things that we read on audio video theory.

Well I got my Oppo yesterday, hooked everything up and started testing out some blu rays and I was terribly disappointed in the picture quality. I tried watching Avatar in 3D and it actually made me sick to my stomach which 3D has never done. Today I got home from work and went through all the settings and did some tweaking and viola...perfection. The picture is definitely a step up from the PS3 but I don't think I would say night and day. The audio, now that's a different story. The audio on this sounds many many times better than my PS3 did. I've been listening to Pandora and am blown away by how clean the sound is. I think I will have to subscribe to Rhapsody again to listen to whatever I want on my system. I will still continue to tweak it some but all in all I am quite happy now.