Projector setup

e84cooper27455

I think the RC-64 would definitely be overkill for the RB-61s. I would not even consider the RC-64 unless you are going with the RF-82s at least. If you are set on using bookshelves I would go with the RB-81 if you have room, get an RC-62, and use the money saved to get some surrounds.Just my opinion though.

• Moderators

I agree unless you are planning to upgrade the RB-61 down the road. In a small room, the RC-62 is a fantastic speaker...heck even in a larger room it's still a great center. The RC-64 has a huge tweeter. Not sure the RB-61's would be able to hang with the RC-64

I used to have a pair of RB-81ii I used as height channel speakers. They were also used a few times as my L,R to see how they handeled full blow HT. Those things completely rocked. Those with the RF-64ii would be fantastic. But like Youth and Clean said, the 61s with that massive beast 64 is a No Go. The 81iis cand be found for a good deal too. I sold mine brand new 4 months ago for around 500 shipped. Im sure you can spot a good deal on them

I picked up a black pair of rb 61 II to go with my main system. I had a cherry pair of rb 61 in cherry hanging around, my wife gave me the idea of starting the projector setup we talked about so I started looking at centers and I was thinking the rc 64 II would be the best set because at some point I want some RF 7 II. It will be a while before I can get the 7s that's why I asked the question

I was thinking the rc 64 II would be the best set because at some point I want some RF 7 II. It will be a while before I can get the 7s that's why I asked the question

Well that changes everything, If you are certain you will upgrade to the 7's in the future, I would think get the 64 II.