Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

CECAA850

There's a website in south east TX where people can list items for sale, job postings, garage sales, cars etc. It's like a little craigslist without the wackjobs. I NORMALLY check it every day by going to the classified section and typing in the keyword "Klipsch". This is the same website that I found a pair of pristeen KP-201's for $25.00. Lately there's been a 5 piece Synergy set for sale and not much else. The ads normally run for a month then drop off. I did NOT check the site Wed, or if I did it was early in the morning. Yesterday (Thu) right before lunch I checked it and there were 2 ads for klipsch speakers. The second one simply stated Klipsch speakers for sale, good condition $500.00. I clicked the link and there was a pic of a beautiful pair of KLIPSCHORNS! I immediately e-mailed the seller (only contact method listed) and she got back with me mid afternoon. She said someone was going to look at them in a couple hours and if they didn't buy them I could have them. According to her the cabinets were in great shape (looked it by the pic) and the speakers worked perfectly. About 9:15 last night I found out that I missed out on them. I've been kicking myself ever since that I didn't check earlier [:@]

Sorry you missed the deal. Deals like that go super quick.

You'd be surprised around here. There's not a lot of Klipsch product locally. I think there's only 1 other forum member that's in this immediate area. Normally you find a lot of things in the Houston C-list but that's an hour and a half from Beaumont.

Sorry I missed it too[8o|]

WOW... I wonder if the person that bought them has any idea what they are??...

I'm sure they do. Nobody's going to pay $500.00 for a set of speakers they know nothing about. If you think about it, a Klipschorn, is an odd looking speaker for the uninitiated. Combine that with the fact that they went sooooo fast, I'm sure they knew what they got.

WOW... I wonder if the person that bought them has any idea what they are??...

I'm sure they do. Nobody's going to pay $500.00 for a set of speakers they know nothing about. If you think about it, a Klipschorn, is an odd looking speaker for the uninitiated. Combine that with the fact that they went sooooo fast, I'm sure they knew what they got.

On the other hand, I've seen folks fork out $500 or more for Boze gear. The big regret comes later at home.

That is no fun!!!!I know how it feels. I lost 3 big altecs at a church sale last week, with dual woofers in each cab for 200.00 for all three, and some 5 half foot tall marantz speakers in the box for 50.00 I was third in line at the sale.... someone called the church and they were presold. Much worse than this and I will tell my story again.. Craigs ad, "About 50 pairs of jbl speakers in our polebarn, 50 a pair for the small ones 100 a pair for the big ones...bring 2 or three people for the big ones... it said...

Do you have a picture? I don't want to twist the knife too much, but I'd like to see them.

Sorry you missed them. This means there is an amazing audio deal coming your way soon.

I didn't save one to my hard drive and the ad got taken down 30 minutes after I told her to consider her speakers sold even if the other couple backed out. I did send a link to thaddeussmith as I was trying to get them. He saw them but I doubt he saved it either. I figured he was far enough away that he wouldn't step on my toes[:P]

I feel for you

But, look at the bright side. Had you purchased them for $500 you'd have opened the door to criticism from the self-appointed forum police about the morality of your bargain.

Believe it or not, I had already thought about that scenario after the Cornwall fiasco. I would not have posted the price if I had gotten them. I would, however, have had no problem sleeping.