Heresy's 1's or II's...KEEPING THESE

wlg235

I'm in a conundrum here as I picked up a pair of Heresy I's the other day, not really needing them...but having poor impulse control. I thought that they would better match the other 2 pairs of I's that I have in my HT set-up...but the idea was that I would need to part with the 86 Heresy II's that I already had in my set-up (3 pair...running 6.1) However...I had become raher fond of the II's (I'm finding now) but still need to part with "some" Heresy goodness. So...I'm going to put all 4 speakers up to choose from. I's or II's single or pair...though I won't sell 3 or both pairs. Basically I'll let go of a single or a matched pair. Either pair $350...or a single for $175. The II's are 1986, black finish that have no dings or dents...but the finish could be redone if somebody wants perfection.

The I's are maybe 85's? Serial 8540111 and 8540105 HBR that if they weren't stained at the factory...it's the best refinish I've seen. The shipping labels on the boxes indicate Rottingham...and I believe these went to somebody on a miltary base. Both speakers are pretty much near perfect with a raw perhaps walnut finish to them. I'm becomming more and more fond of these cabinets very quickly...and already have them hooked up in my system.

I'm already thinking of how I could keep all of them and utilize a pair for either Wide or Back channels since my receiver will drive up to 9.2 (Pioneer SC-65). They're a little big to use as High Fronts...[^o)] I'm located in RI

Thanks...Walt

OneTwo_zpsc37d0ef3.jpg

CenterTwo_zps28cc06fe.jpg

KH3_zps863a71b2.jpg

KH2_zps831e39ad.jpg

KH-1_zps3599e8fd.jpg

KH4_zpseadad3b1.jpg

I'd keep and use as Wides. What are using for a center?

At this very moment the center is one of the HBR I's that I just picked up. I just swapped out the II and the I slid right into place, though I had to change the wire teminations from banana's to spades. I haven't run the receiver's MCACC since the swap. The surronds are 76 HBR Decorators.

After moving the II's to the gym andhaving the pleasure of listening to them by themselves with that set up...I'm going to sit on everything for now. The finish on the I's is beautiful...and I don't think I could live with myself if I let em go over the $350 that I don't have. I'll find a way to make up the short coming in cash flow.

Thanks,

Walt [Y]