High Pass Crossover on RF35s and RC62?

kmx

Hi

For movies do you guys go with what ever your amps calibration setup suggests or do you run the THX recommendation of 80hz HPF on all stereo channels and 80HZ LPF on LFE?

I ran audessy and got the results below but im finding the system sounds much better with 80HZ HPF across the board and 80HZ LPF on sub. Everything seems to intgrate better and i still feel im getting great depth from all my channels.

Interested to hear if you guys have the same thoughts or if im missing something with my audessy setup.

AVR is Onkyo SR706

When i run Audessy my amp recommends the following

FRONT (Klipsch RF35s): Full Range

CENTRE (Klipsch RC62II): 40HZ HP

REAR (Jensen Inroofies): 40HZ HP

SUB (Custom): 80HZ LP

Thanks

Eighty Hertz is just a recommendation forTHX systems. For HT, experts recommend setting all speakers to small and for LFE or .1 channel 120 Hz. The LFE channel carries info from 120 Hz down. Setting it lower will leave a whole between 120-80 Hz. Only around 5% of LFE is between 80-120 Hz. Disable the sub xo or turn in all the way up. I run my system xo at 100 Hz which is what MCACC selected and all speakers small. The whole point of the xo setting is to blend the sub with the mains. It is a good rule to set the xo 10-15 Hz higher than the weakest speaker LF response.

Example:

RF 7 34 Hz to 20 kHz

RC 64 61 Hz to 21 kHz

RS 35 81 Hz to 20 kHz

Sub 20 Hz to 200 Hz

XO range= 81 to 200 Hz

10-15 Hz highe than weakest speaker xo range 90-200 Hz.