Quartets have me thinking...

Pronex

Ok. So I recently purchased a pair of Quartets and I am in love with them. In fact, I love how they sound so much that I am seriously considering changing my home theater setup. My question is would something like the Forte II's be good for a theater setup? If so, what center would be good for them? And surrounds? Also, would I need a subwoofer still? I have never really heard anything in the reference line. Should I audition a pair of those first before changing course like this? All I know is I can't seem to listen to these Quartets enough. Don't know what it is, but they just sound incredible to me and I would love to get that feeling from my theater setup as well.

The Quartet, Forte and Chorus sound a lot alike, they just give bigger sound as you move up the line. Forte's would make an amazing choice in your theater room and yes you still need a sub for LFE in movies. As for a center channel, they made the Academy but I would personally go with three Forte's across the front if it's a possibility in your room.

• Moderators

Edit; Vital obviously types faster than me, beat me to it. [Y]

Ok. So I recently purchased a pair of Quartets and I am in love with them. In fact, I love how they sound so much that I am seriously considering changing my home theater setup. My question is would something like the Forte II's be good for a theater setup?

Yes

If so, what center would be good for them?

another forte would be best

And surrounds?

Quartets would work great

Also, would I need a subwoofer still?

Yes for HT you always need a sub, a normal speaker can never go low enough for movies

I have never really heard anything in the reference line. Should I audition a pair of those first before changing course like this?

Sure, it never hurts to listen to other models

All I know is I can't seem to listen to these Quartets enough. Don't know what it is, but they just sound incredible to me and I would love to get that feeling from my theater setup as well.

PS. I use 6 fortes for Ht.

3 forte ll's across the front, an original forte for rear L&R with the extra forte ll in the rear center.

And of course a sub, for 6.1