Mounting RS-62II 's with hidden wires.

Klipschht

I am trying to do as clean of a job as I can for WAF. I see that many of you have the RS speakers mounted flush to the wall. My question is do you just have the speaker wire coming through the wall, or do you have a plate back there. If there is a plate I am surprised that there is that much room, and I will purchase one, or is it an illusion and you are not flush against the wall. Any responses are appreciated. If I should put this in the Architectual section I will.

Thank you

I was going to use plates, but ran into the flush mount issue and abandoned the plates and pulled the wires through the wall. That way they are flush and I have one less connection to run through. Good luck! They're great surrounds!

• Moderators

I too ran my wires through the drywall, into the attic and down behind my false wall to my receiver. I have a small hole behind the speaker and mounted mine using a simple drywall anchor and a single screw that slides into the keyhole on the back of the unit. I did add two rubber pads on the bottom left and bottom right side of the back of the speaker that was the same thickness as the keyhole plate so that the speaker sits level with the wall.

The speaker on the left I had a friend weld me a custom metal mount since it sits in front of a double sliding glass door.

Klipsch-Home-Theater-Back2.jpg

Klipsch-Home-Theater-Back1.jpg

Klipsch-Home-Theater-Back3.jpg

• Moderators

was not easy to run the wires in the wall but worth it imo. When i was done i was really happy i did the work.

I totally agree. Mine was difficult because my side and front wall are all exterior walls so I have concrete block and a very small gap between the drywall and the concrete exterior wall. But as stated, I'm REALLY glad I spent the extra effort to obtain a very clean install.

was not easy to run the wires in the wall but worth it imo. When i was done i was really happy i did the work.

I totally agree. Mine was difficult because my side and front wall are all exterior walls so I have concrete block and a very small gap between the drywall and the concrete exterior wall. But as stated, I'm REALLY glad I spent the extra effort to obtain a very clean install.

lol i had such a mess and was not the happiest guy to be around as i fought with the wires. Just thinking about it [8o|].

• Moderators

If you buy them new they come with rubber feet that you can put on them to keep it even and away from the wall a little.

Now that I think about it, I didn't buy the rubber feet. I had them in my box of wires. Not sure if they were from my RS-52's when I bought them or from another speaker but they work great.

I second that notion. Thank you all for the replies. I will receive them on Friday, I did not know that there were "feet" included, and you all have answered my question about having a wall plate behind it. I can add that when we move, years from now, so that the wires are not just hanging there. You guys are always a big help!

Thank you.