Chorus IIs on the way

mcp

I pick up my C II's on Saturday...then, the search for a suitable amp begins. I currently employ an old Kenwood KA-7100, which I don't believe will do well with the C II's. It's all about matching - the Kennys seem to me to sound real clean and match well with speakers like my Rectilinear IIIs, but I think will be fatiguing with the C II's.

I love the sound of tubes, but have to admit I also like the convenience of solid state. Should I be looking for a nice EL84 amp or smooth SS like Audio Refinement, Rega Brio? Thanks again to all who chimed in when I weighing the C II's vs. KLF-20's...

Congrats on the Chorus II's, IMO you will not regret this decision. C II's were my first Klipsch speaker & they are still my favorite. I have run mine with Sony ES, Rotel & McIntosh amps, (all SS), and they have responded well with all of them. They sounded ok with a moderate Onkyo receiver, but the sound stage really filled out when I stepped up to a better quality amp.

It's all about matching - the Kennys seem to me to sound real clean and match well with speakers like my Rectilinear IIIs think

It has been a long time since I heard anyone mention the Rectilinear IIIs! One of the finest sounding speakers I've ever worked with and have long regretted parting with mine. My first audition of them was at the home of the plant manager's father's house. I sold quite a few pairs of those to my customers back in the day and never heard any complaints about their sound from anyone.

Congratulations on the decision to purchase the CII's, you won't be disappointed! Party!!!

I'd try the Kenwood and see how you like it and go from there. Hmm

Keep us posted,

Dennie

Yes, I'll definitely run the Kenny to start as that is all I have...will report the results.

It's all about matching - the Kennys seem to me to sound real clean and match well with speakers like my Rectilinear IIIs think

It has been a long time since I heard anyone mention the Rectilinear IIIs! One of the finest sounding speakers I've ever worked with and have long regretted parting with mine. My first audition of them was at the home of the plant manager's father's house. I sold quite a few pairs of those to my customers back in the day and never heard any complaints about their sound from anyone.

I'll never let the Rectilinear III's go...they belonged to my father in law and, after he passed away, my mother in law gave them to me. She still has another pair of them as he ran a quad system with a Marantz 4430 receiver. The receiver is still mint and in duty in her living room. That said, even after recapping, they are missing too much high end for extended listening. Wish there was a drop in replacement for those Norelco tweeters.

Drove a little over an hour this morning to Rochester to pick up the Chorus IIs. Oh my god! I had forgotten how huge they are. They are absolutey mint with not a scratch on them. Oak clear finish and new titanium tweeter diaphrams. Now the bad part...I thought I could shoehorn them in my 2011 Subaru Legacy, but only 1 would fit. The seller is an engineer, so I think we covered every possible option! So I have one of these gorgeous monsters in my living room and he is going to deliver the other one on Monday night as he is coming through Syracuse on business. That is, unless I get antsy and make trip # 2 out there tomorrow. I will post pics when I have the pair together.

He played them for me and I loved them. Huge soundstage and nice bass. He was using an Emotiva 2 channel amp that I think is 300 wpc.He also offered me a newly recapped Dynaco ST-400 amp, but I'm not sure about it...

Oh yeah...these speakers convinced me to buy a hand truck today also...

Oh Man, that's a tough one! Always take a Pick Up Truck or bigger when picking up KLIPSCH Heritage speakers! banghead.gif [;)]

Well, I guess you'll be listening to all of your "Mono" recordings until Monday, which can be great. Some of my best sounding recordings are mono! thumbup.gif

Congratulations on getting the CII, how's it sound with the Kenny?

Dennie drinkingcheers.gif

Oh thats not easy to get over...[:@]... Especially when your staring at both speakers and you know you can only take one with you.......Been there, done that.....At least you can listen to one.......Not such a bad way to pass the time until they're reunited.

I get antsy and make trip # 2 out there tomorrow.

I'd be in front of his house waiting for him to come out to get the newspaper. Time

That's funny! rolling.gif But true. yes.gif

He may be there right now... fingerscrossed.gif

Dennie drinkingcheers.gif

Ok, the seller brought over the second speaker tonight, so all is good in the world now. They are absolutely stunning (if you like the clear oak finish) and are pretty much flawless. Listening to a little George Benson Quartet right now and what strikes me most is the scale of the music compared to most speakers I've listened to lately.

img1307xf.jpg

img1307xf.jpg