How difficult would it be to re sell an Emotiva UPA-500?

Salvador

If I were you and you haven't ordered that thing yet I would skip it. 80 watts may be plenty but leaves no headroom for reference volume. Plus you are always gonna wonder why didn't I get the bigger emotiva. They are so cheap anyways. Wait for a good used price on xpa-5. Or in July they should have a big freedom sale. Or something like that. 15 percent I think. I bought mine with 15 off and it was like 769 brand new. No what ifs here.

• Moderators

What is the point of this thread?

What's your point? [:P]

We are only guessing without more details from the OP but my guess is he has likely ordered the UPA-500 or is considering ordering it and is having second thoughts. That is my guess.

What's your point? Stick out tongue

We are only guessing without more details from the OP but my guess is he has likely ordered the UPA-500 or is considering ordering it and is having second thoughts. That is my guess.

Pre-buyers remorse?

What's your point? Stick out tongue

Pre-buyers remorse?

or Post-non buyers remorse?

Alright, I made a decision!! Its the XPA-5 and UMC 200. I will wait for sales price in July and have no regrets. Thank you all who helped me here and on my other post.

K5SS, the reason I wanted to know how eazy it would be to sell the UPA is so that I can upgrade to the XPA-5 later. I will take Scraooydude advise and get the XPA-5 no regrets.

Well it is 2.5 times the watts so if my calculations are correct it will be about 2.5 times easier to sell.

Doubling the wattage only increases difficulty by 50%. Rookie mistake.

But, he also has the UMC-200. Is that worth 1/3 times more of the selling price?

Well it is 2.5 times the watts so if my calculations are correct it will be about 2.5 times easier to sell.

Doubling the wattage only increases difficulty by 50%. Rookie mistake.

But, he also has the UMC-200. Is that worth 1/3 times more of the selling price?

He doesn't have the UMC-200 yet. Are you talking 1/3 more of the re-selling price or the pre-selling price? Makes a big difference when you plug it into the re-selling matrix.

The best thing is that he made a decision. Good or bad, he is now off the fence and has a direction to pursue! Almost anything can be resold if the price is right.

He's made the amp decision.

Is he going to be selling the UMC-200 or will he get back on the fence for an XMC-1?

I bought my XPA-5 for $800 4 months ago and sold it for $750 last week. It was only listed on CL for 15 minutes before the guy that bought it contacted me. I am now buying a XPA-3 as a replacement.

I bought a UPA7 for $500, I sold it two years later for $550. Point....it's not hard to sell any Emotiva amp for close to price paid if bought right. Congrats to the OP, hopefully it will be everything he was hoping for.

• 2 weeks later...