New reciever?

reynolr

Its been awhile since I've been on the fourm but I was itching to buy something lol and thought i'd be in the market for a new receiver. I was looking at the Pioneer SC-1222-k for $550 on newegg, I like the air play feature amoung other things. It will be used to movies and tv mainly with music in there occasionally. Picture quality is important as well. I was also considering getting rid of the couple amps if I could get something new that would power everything I have well enough. I have only owned Onkyo for as long as I've had them. I am looking for an upgrade, not a lateral transition. Any input would be helpful. Thank ya all in advance and my set-up is in the signature for reference.

That is a nice avr and should be plenty for your system. I think MCACC is an excellent room correction system. It has filters for the sub that allow you to make adjustment for 3 bands, very similar to a parametic EQ and a lot of networking features. I like the black noise floor level of the Pioneer avr's for a really clean sound..

I have a SC-1222-K, from newegg, and absolutely love it. I moved up from an older yamaha, and the difference in sound quality is amazing. It made everything out of my chorus II's sound cleaner and more distinct. I have it set up on my home network, and it works flawlessly with my 6 terabyte NAS, streaming music. I'm very happy with my purchase. I didn not have the greatest receiver before, and I'm just getting a decent HT set up, so I cant comment on the HT experience, but with music, and 3.1 for movies, it's great

So ya'll think that if I get the new Pioneer then I can do without my Emotiva and Onkyo amps? And would anyone happen to know the going rate for an Onkyo ht-rc180, emotiva upa-2 and Onkyo m-282? I would like to get rid of these before I get something else. And yes Scrappy its been awhile, because every time I get on here I think I need to buy something lol

And yes Scrappy its been awhile, because every time I get on here I think I need to buy something lol

ah the curse.....if i would cancel my internet i would save tons of money! best thing to do would be to go on ebay and look at completed listings for any items you wanna sell. and only you would be able to answer your question wether or not you need those amps with a new receiver. but i will say i run my denon 1713 on rf-62's, rc-62, rs-52's to reference volume with absolutely no strain from the receiver. now if i run my rf-63's and rc-64 off that receiver i start clipping the signal and hearing distortion around -6db from reference. so they have to have an amp at higher volumes.

So ya'll think that if I get the new Pioneer then I can do without my Emotiva and Onkyo amps? And would anyone happen to know the going rate for an Onkyo ht-rc180, emotiva upa-2 and Onkyo m-282? I would like to get rid of these before I get something else. And yes Scrappy its been awhile, because every time I get on here I think I need to buy something lol

Now thats funny [:D]