La Scalas $600...

Sancho Panza

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys, just got home, dont ya just love those emergency speaker runs. Well, like I reported to Carl in route, i"ve never seen a more pristine set of scala"s except new in the store, their unbelievable. How anybody keeps an unfinished set of speaks so clean for so long is beyond me, no kids would be a good start lol. Original owner, has all doc"s and manuals, even had the boxes they came in, although I had to leave them behind. Note to board : LaScala"s fit perfect in the back of a suburban, but not in the boxes, we had to unpack em to get em in there, you could actually feel the weight going down the road too. The seller also threw in a set of monster cables, 15 footer"s, never seen em before, really like them the way the ends are made up. I guess this will cause me to have to learn to post pics. Anyway it was a 600 mile round trip and I got to stay at a friends house over their and go out with him last night, we havnt seen each other in 3 years so it was a fun trip. Gonna unload this afternoon and take pics.........Roost

can't wait to see pictures of these. BR from the factory YUMMY. the boxes do fold down flat and i would have never left these behind. i bought 2 RSW-15's from forum member Scott ( SWL ) and picked them up in a Acura and folded the boxes down flat because they wouldn't fit

i got k-horns in florida i have to pick up. ouch 900 miles one way

stormin, me too. I"m predicting they"ll be much brighter but wont go down as low as the Cll"s. Oh BTW the seller has a whole rack of SAE stuff he has not listed yet but planning on it soon. If I remember it was around 200wpc and in as good of condition as the speakers were. He was pummeled so hard with phone calls and emails from the scala"s it kinda overwhelmed him, so he said he was gonna wait a week or so to advertise the gear. I still have his number if anyone is interested.....Roost

Congrats.

I am anxious to hear comparisons with your Chorus II's.

The obvious is clear between the 2. La Scala's have more mid, Chorus II has more low. That was the setup I had with the La Scala's as my mains with a sub.

Congrats.

I am anxious to hear comparisons with your Chorus II's.

The obvious is clear between the 2. La Scala's have more mid, Chorus II has more low. That was the setup I had with the La Scala's as my mains with a sub.

Obviously. But doesn't quite describe how that relates to the attack of a drum kit or the pitch definition of a bass guitar.

well here goes.....after a day of listening, I will say at low volume there"s not alot of difference in the chorus ll"s, the Cll"s may actually sound a little fuller, if that makes any sense, maybe the word should be deeper. But yesterday the wife went to the grocery store and yall know what happened, I dont even have to tell ya, thats right. I had been playing Rod Stewarts great american songbook, which I love, but when she left I put in Billie Jean and let her rip, OMG, at this point I knew I had a totally different animal. That lead off bass drum was hittin me in the chest likke a hammer, screw the neighbors, I went thru the first 3 songs at warp sound, and the scala"s said so long Cll"s, you cant do this. When I finally turned it down I noticed all my Winberg paintings were crooked and the small pictures on the coffee tables had moved, looked like a bomb had went off in the living room, havnt seen the cat since. The big pioneer sx1250 will dang sure push em, I was at about 11 oclock on the dial. Also, i"ve read many times these need bass help but they seemed to have tons of bass to me, maybe just cuz their new to me. Special thanks to the board for turning me on to these awesome LaScala"s......Roost

well here goes.....after a day of listening, I will say at low volume there"s not alot of difference in the chorus ll"s, the Cll"s may actually sound a little fuller, if that makes any sense, maybe the word should be deeper. But yesterday the wife went to the grocery store and yall know what happened, I dont even have to tell ya, thats right. I had been playing Rod Stewarts great american songbook, which I love, but when she left I put in Billie Jean and let her rip, OMG, at this point I knew I had a totally different animal. That lead off bass drum was hittin me in the chest likke a hammer, screw the neighbors, I went thru the first 3 songs at warp sound, and the scala"s said so long Cll"s, you cant do this. When I finally turned it down I noticed all my Winberg paintings were crooked and the small pictures on the coffee tables had moved, looked like a bomb had went off in the living room, havnt seen the cat since. The big pioneer sx1250 will dang sure push em, I was at about 11 oclock on the dial. Also, i"ve read many times these need bass help but they seemed to have tons of bass to me, maybe just cuz their new to me. Special thanks to the board for turning me on to these awesome LaScala"s......Roost

LOL, did you have time to straighten things before she got back. I had often wondered what the La Scala would do when powered and volume.

It