1969 K-Horns. What's your opinion?

Serge_S

I had Klipschorns in a 9 x 11.33 foot room (with a ceiling that sloped from 8.5 to 14 feet) for a while, and they sounded great! Yes, they sound better in our current room (16.75 x 25 feet), but, as someone else said, they make good headphones.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

18 hours round trip and these are in the house.

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/ele/3792973919.html

<P>

Worth every minute of the drive. Probaly had to wipe the drool off you chin before knocking on the door, Glad someone from the forum got them. I'd like another set, but $$$$ and having to build false corners are holding me back. ............................. [:'(]. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Taz

Some food for thought... Looking like those khorns could fit in the closet space if you took those doors off. I dont know what you have hiding in them but flush with the wall always looks great. You would probably want to change the dimensions of the closet to fix the acoustics too. Regardless, I salute you for your journey and dedication. Congratulations on your new babies & Enjoy the sound!!

Charlie

I dont know what you have hiding in them but flush with the wall always looks great. You would probably want to change the dimensions of the closet to fix the acoustics too.

Hmmmm.... Khorns must be in a corner, optimally with 4 feet off clear wall space on each side.

Bruce

Silly me, I forgot the khorn uses the corner of the wall as an extension of itself. Well, aesthetically speaking they look out of place at the moment. You could still corner them in the closet space and i bet they would look much better there.. As for optimal positioning ( 4 feet off the wall ) i think they would be almost next to the listener in the front row. I just wonder how much of a difference there would be when the speakers are already that super close to the listener.

Charlie