Grrrr, the f---s in CA have made it illegal for me to...

kenratboy

Behold the minds we have amongst us... makes me scared sometimes, what if they team up against us regulars?!

Oh my bad didnt know I need a special pass to join the

superior regulars on the forum

I say we tear down the Alamo while we are at it

The defenders may have invoked the word God in there battle cry cwm36.gif

So, I have not read everyones post. I admit that, so please excuse me if this has already been posted. BUT......

Where will it stop, if these kind of decisions become the trend, then, what happens to our holidays. Christmas, Easter for example. All of us who get paid days off on those, well, will that mean I will no longer a) get those days off, or B) not get paid to have them off.

As it is now, I am fortunite enough to have paid vacations. I would hate to think that people like the person who fought to have this decision made, could have further reproductions than simply chaning the pledge.

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 06-27-2002 at 12:41 PM

quote:

Originally posted by htxpert:

Behold the minds we have amongst us... makes me scared sometimes, what if they team up against us regulars?!

Oh my bad didnt know I need a special pass to join the

superior regulars on the forum

I say we tear down the Alamo while we are at it

The defenders may have invoked the word God in there battle cry
cwm36.gif

i can not tell if you are serious or joking... I was joking here.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Justin, I agree, some of these guys are pretty brilliant aren't they? The good news is that we don't have to worry about them, it's the people who act rather than think that are dangerous. For example, claiming to be upset about the Pledge of Allegiance, while using that as an opportunity to write hateful things about any number of groups. Doesn't make sense, but sense is not some people's strength.

Thanks for the great posts, those of you who made them. I have really enjoyed and benefited from reading them.

This message has been edited by tripod on 06-27-2002 at 01:01 PM

Whoa! This topic is freakin'!

To some previous comments, I think HornED's posts are first rate, too.

Again, I post threads like this just to see what happens, not to offend others or try to win. As you can see, with 40+ posts now, this is a Hot Topic.

Remember, I am still young, so I am VERY concerned with what this country will be like in 50+ years, so this sort of stuff is very important to me.

Whats next, public Christmas celebrations (giant X-mas trees, parades, etc.) will be canceled due to religious problems? Just think about that, thats what scares me, not just the pledge.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Moon & Ken,

Why should it scare you if the government doesn't go out of its way to celebrate Christmas? Before you jump to conclusions, let me share that I'm a Roman Catholic. I don't understand what Christmas has to do with the effective and appropriate running of government.

Please note, I don't think the government should prevent Christmas or other holidays from being celebrated. Just the opposite, I think they should support and encourage it. I just don't think they have any right to choose which holidays are real and which are fringe.

Moon,

To further clarify you question about how scary it would be for the government to stop celebrating Christmas. I work for a public institution that has done just that. We now have a winter holiday break and a spring break (Easter). Everyone gets those times off and flex holidays are available to those who have other days with personal/religous importance.

quote:

Originally posted by tripod:

HTX, I think you might have misunderstood Justin. I took his post to mean that there were some really smart people among us.

yes, that is what i meant. nothing more, nothing less.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

I think HorenEd and the Other Lib Comments are a fluffed pile of crapola. LOL Dont let these Liiby Loons fool you. This shows Two great dangers of Liberal Judicial Activists in Action. These Judges are

all most likely from Berkley the armpit of america acadamia. They go Further yet than that awful FLA Supreme Court.

First they try to legislate from the Judiciary Branch by Creating Law of their Own. For the LIbbys here that

means they infringe on the powers granted to the Legislative Body. Not up to the Judicial or Executive Branch -like Slick Willy also did - to do.

Second, they make you think they are protecting civil rights when in fact they are taking away more peoples 1st Amend Rights of Free Speech. What about people who want to say Under God in their Pledge? They take away their right for a Pledge the way they want to say it. If somebody does not agree with the words as written into it then they can not participate or use their own words. So this court writes their own law and infringes on others' Free Speech Rights.

It is truely Ridiculous and could only come from an Area from the Left Coast that are a bunch of Anarchists

who want to infringe others' Rights to Meet their own warped View of How thing should be. Ship Em all to France.

------------------

Go Forth and Hump the World

quote:

Originally posted by tripod:

Whoa, close one! I almost took the time to read Forrest's post. Thought better of it several sentences in.

Next

cwm41.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Thanks Clipped and Shorn, for being a thinking person who actually read what I had to say. As a "battle tested" patriot and American History buff, having someone like Justin call the "under God" phrase our "Heritage" when Klipschorns have been around longer... just seems to raise my ire.

Our American Heritage is not to force our fellow citizens to accept the Judeo-Christian word for a Supreme Being over that which they may worship... whether it be Allah, Buddha, Vishnu, or the Dalai Lama. To force an American citizen to substitute the religious word "God" for their own belief often requires devout American Citizens to commit blasphemy from their deeply held religious perspective... and that is Un-American.

Clearly, that should NOT be what this country is all about. We have our own North American history to confirm that strange things happen when religious concepts creep into official government positions. The Puritans spring to mind... they went from country to country in search of the religious freedom to practice their Christian Faith... and became the most intolerant people toward others... particularly Christians who did not conform to their view of that religion. On this land where freedom now rings... thousands of religious Native Americans were slaughtered as heathens first by the Spanish conquistadors, then by the westward expansion by Americans pushing beyond their country's then frontier.

Officially, U. S. Government troops imposed the will of this nation with deadly force from Canada to Mexico... and from the Philippines to Puerto Rico... and the Hawaiian Islands. At least that naked aggression was completed before "In God We Trust" was put on the dollar bill. As a nation, we have a history of acting "with moral authority" in less than ways. But our Constitution offers ways for us to correct errors... so if the concept of separation of church and state is to be trashed... let there be a Constitutional Amendment to do so... rather than a suspect double-standard.

All of my grandparents were immigrants to this nation in search of freedom. All of my grandparents became citizens of this great country and took the Pledge of Allegiance... before "under God" became part of the lawful pledge by Joint Resolution of the 84th Congress and the signature of the President... in 1954. Although my grandparents were devout Protestants... they could not understand why their immigrant understanding of religious freedom in America had been compromised to rally support for the Korean War against Communist foes. And, from a constitutional perspective, I could not give them a good answer.

They went to their graves as devout Christians and proud Americans... but fearful of America's future when the predominant religions could have their word of religious focus officially raised above all others...and done so quickly and easily. Three of them immigrated from Germany and knew first hand how their religion could be exploited by opportunists to allow horrific treatment of non-conforming religions. One of them came from England... where he sought a government that would protect him from anarchy, monarchy, mercantilism, and the right to chose an entity to worship... and how to do it without infringing on the rights of those who did not believe as he did.

Clipped and Shorn, you are right, of course, in that many "audio consumer minded" folks may give a passing knee-jerk response... and most will pass by in their self-absorbed lives... and in that is the greatest danger that the future of this country will be shorter.

I took the time to offer my opinion because some few, such as you, will have a breath of fresh air and a moment of fact based reflection on how great this country has been... and can be. Your picking a Biblical passage on pearls may be on target... but the realization of the sty we are non-thinkingly making of this nation should not go unchallenged.

When the Pledge of Allegiance and a National Motto compromise the concepts of the Constitution as enumerated in the Bill of Rights... what "American Heritage" is safe.

Obviously, removing the word "God" form Pledges and Mottos to conform with the First Amendment is not the abandonment of religion... it is the preservation of religious freedom for all... and that, my Klipsch oriented friends, is worth getting excited about.

The morality of our country is reflected in the morality of our people... and, yes, it's politicians. God help us! Thanks to the many who have responded by email, phone and postings... keeping America safe for ALL religious Americans and not just a fading simple majority is a reason for increased Patriotism... and the upholding of our hard won Constitutional Heritage. -HornED

This message has been edited by HornEd on 06-27-2002 at 01:47 PM

I am not saying so much that government should run holidays, but I worry more about some joe coming along and saying, Hey you know what? Christmas is a relegous holiday. Why should it be recognized as a legal holiday. Hey why not go and have it removed as a legal holiday.

I can see it happening, or at least see some bung-hole attempting to have it done.

As far as a winter holiday? Ya to that I say F*ck that. Tell it like it is, tell it like it always has been. If you don't like it, then don't celebrate it. Ignore it. But why should I have to hide my holiday behind some other name just because someone else is of a different relegion or from a different country where Christmas is NOT celebrated?

It is tradition. It is something that has always been, leave it alone.

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

quote:

As far as a winter holiday? Ya to that I say F*ck that. Tell it like it is, tell it like it always has been. If you don't like it, then don't celebrate it. Ignore it. But why should I have to hide my holiday behind some other name just because someone else is of a different relegion or from a different country where Christmas is NOT celebrated?

The idea isn't to hide yourholiday, but rather to prevent others from having to hide theirs. Many holidays from different religions share similar times of the year. Often because they are based on the similar events, but from different perspectives. Why do you care what your employer calls the break? I'm guessing that you would react rather strongly if your employer announced that they will now provide you with a Channuka (sp?) vacation in place of Christmas every year. Don't worry, you can still practice what you want at home, but at work we'll call it Channuka from now on. What makes yours better than theirs? It was always my impression that that was the intent of religous freedom.

quote:

It is tradition. It is something that has always been, leave it alone.

It's YOUR tradition, not the one and only tradition.

This message has been edited by tripod on 06-27-2002 at 01:51 PM

lets not let this thread get out of control like last time. IDONTc>f>s> wnat to have to break out with the Poo Bears again. No one wants that. But if I must, then I will follow my calling.

Cheers all, and have GREAT day

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

HornEd in case you havent heard English is the official

language of the USA. Though Im sure you thinks that's Unconstitutional too. LOL Why dont you list all the things legal that you think are Unconstitutional since you like to write so much. Wink.gif You're the same as a Right Wing Extremist In Effect that you want to take away the rights of the majority. Here the ENGLISH definition of Allah -

Etymology: Arabic allAh

Date: 1584

: GOD 1a -- used in Islam

same thing but different language you old Libby Coot. Wink.gif

You dont get this ruling was for atheists. And they can relate God or Allah to however or whatever they wish. The Constitution and Bill of Rights and Declaration oF Independence have the word "God" all over in them. Where do YOU draw the line? Face it its a diety word and you live amoungst a bunch of Zealot clowns up there. Why Dont we Rule Stupidity Unconstitutional too then we fire these Judges and ship

them and the Anarchists off to France? LOL

------------------

Go Forth and Hump the World

Yes I was joking

But if we alter the pledge then we must

remove the many monuments and memorials that

are placed throughout the land

Would anyone care to volenteer there time ?

Why not start with the severall Fire Depts and Police

stations in NYC that have Memorials? Just one request before you go CAN I WATCH

I would also like to take this time to say

if anyone is offended by the words "In God We Trust"

please send all of your offensive currency to me

I will dispose of it In a proper environmentally

safe politically correct waycwm27.gif

This message has been edited by htxpert on 06-27-2002 at 02:09 PM

I apologize for my last 2 posts regarding Forrest. As tempting as it may be, this is not the place for personal shots at one another. Sorry. I'll calm down now and wait for some real thoughts to be shared by others.