Woofers and Tweeters

I have one KPT-250 for sale in perfect working order. I'm selling it on
behalf of a local bar where I work as a sound engineer. It was used in
the bar for less than a year, before they decided to go a different
direction for their house-stereo. Having spent time in a bar, there are
a few minor cosmetic issues, but nothing major. I've tested it myself,
and everything sounds fantastic. Full frequency response at just about
any volume. And, being able to handle 250w RMS (500w peak), it gets
LOUD. Perfect for the center channel of your surround setup.

I realize that there are limited uses for a single 250w stereo speaker,
so I've lowered the price dramatically in an effort to clear some space
in my workroom. $175 o.b.o.

No Affiliation

talked with him and I can pick it up for $150. Local enough for me if someone wants it. I do, but OMG I've bought enough lately. [<:o)]

http://lexington.craigslist.org/ele/3801036011.html

Wonder what a mate would cost? In the meantime, would it make a decent Center?

It would make a great center depending on what your mains were. Finding an identical mate may proove difficult if you're concerned about asthetics.

Shipping would kill this deal for me. But, my mains are HII's for now, but will change, as the speaker gods & *s List allows. Eventually I want 3 HIIs as Centers, with the odd 1 in my Parlor (wife & twins factor) W&tF, LoL.

Find a single H2 and sell the drivers out of it. Keep the mid horn and buy the H3 upgrade kit from Klipsch. I have two 2's that I converted to 3's that way.

• 3 weeks later...

How bizzare. My 250's looked drastically different than that. Different logo (never seen that one on a KPT before) different hook ups, different finish. Must be an early one. Looks very nice. $150 is a good price.

I think they are fairly current models. The grills are different but the badges are definitely current Klipsch Pro Cinema. I think your speakers are KP 250s and the ones in the add are KPT 250s(see klipsch site). The current ones have cloth instead of perforated metal grills but other than that I bet a perfect match can still be bought from Klipsch pro dealers.

Actually I own other KPT speakers and not the 250s, I do not know that the 250s do not come with metal grills they just might. I am sure about the badges being current though. The serial # tags are the exact same as the speakers I bought a year ago and are even signed be the same person. I think this is not very old and is priced at 20 something percent of retail

Wonder what a mate would cost? In the meantime, would it make a decent Center?

It would make a great center depending on what your mains were. Finding an identical mate may proove difficult if you're concerned about asthetics.

OK, so I have 4 Heresy II on the front with another due tomorrow or the next day for 3 centers & 2 mains, all HII. Should I use this as a center, or the HII? I can use it, or give it to the.Wife, until I find a mate? If I buy it, hope someone buys it out from under me.

If I find a mate, we're talking Surrounds, mounted on my brick column & wall. Should have a price on a mate in the morning.