streaming device

The Dude

I am sure I have, or someone has asked several times. But what I am looking for is a box, or small device that has rca out puts that I can plug into my 2 channel receiver. It would either have to have a wireless internet connection or wired doesn't matter. It would have to have either a monitor or a way to control it with my phone which is android based. I don't want a apple device, or need anything for tv just streaming pandora, or google music of a like.

Thanks

Mustang that is a great device, I will be purchasing one of those for my up stairs system. I keep coming into the room with my wife just listening to her phone, she says she doesn't want to fool around with hooking up some wire to her phone all the time.

With my system, I want to get away from using my phone to stream as it seems to drain the battery quickly. I have been using it directly plufged into the wall, this would be a step up from having to unplug my phone every time from the receiver.

I use a Sonos Bridge and Connect and like it. It doesn't do hi rez, however. Great for playing back my ripped CDs (ALAC) and also streaming MOG.

I have a sonos bridge I purchased, as I intended to go to a sonos system but never did. Maybe its time to look into it again as that maybe a option.

I use a Logitech squeezebox touch. It is a great device that will fill your needs and can be controlled by its included remote and your phone.

Aren't those discontinued?

Yes, they are. I replaced my squeezeboxes with a VAMP. Designed by Andrew (same guy that builds the Vortexbox). Here's the link (no association) http://vortexbox.org/content/150-Building-the-VAMP

This is basicly a pogoplug reloaded to use a playback device. It's about $70 for the device, usb stick and DAC.