Future RSW-15 II

Tremors

+1. I heard the rsw-15 and wasn't very impressed but I think it wasn't setup right at all. However I'd buy another rsw-10d if they made it or a12" version of it. They should. Even know they were a bit pricier they just need to hire someone to do some scouting (me) of the Internet brands and find a comfy price point for their performance!

• Moderators

I heard the rsw-15 and wasn't very impressed but I think it wasn't setup right at all.

That could be the issue. Mine was good enough to replace dual Velodyne HGS15's. I "feel" with the RSW-15 what I got when I added a second Velodyne HGS15 to my setup. One HGS15 "sounded" awesome but just didn't have the "impact" that I was wanting to feel. I use mine mostly for movies.

I am going by memory here and I am hoping he can help me out, but when i bought my rt-12d from themrclean, he said he got it from a Klipsch employee and said Klipsch employee also had an rt-15d prototype. I think they should release that.

You are absolutely right, I have witnessed the world's only RT-15D. It's funny because I couldn't decide whether to make the drive to buy the RT-12D or not and then he told me about the RT-15D which was worth the 2 hour drive alone. This thing dwarfed the RT-12D it was so big! If I remember right he said that when they were planning and designing the sub the wattage was 1200 RMS / 2600 MAX and it would have retailed at $2,800. Supposedly he had turned down offers of $4000, said he would keep it forever, can't say that I blame him.

Where do I vote?

We are just asking everyone to raise their hand if they are in favor.

Oh in that case if this is the place I vote heck ya! Especially if they will offer it in cherry veneer to match my RF 7IIs

babadono

I'd be very interested but it will have some stiff competition in the $2k range. Klipsch has made a few underperforming subs over the years and those subs have created some negative opinions. If you are going to bring back the 15" Klipsch Reference moniker, i's say make it a max effort. Anyway, I would obviously be in for one!

It was $1800 retail, just too much and I really like the rsw15. I bought mine new on the internet back in the day when you still could. I paid $1150 delivered I think it was, with full warranty from the seller ( a great company at that time). I owned almost every sub of the day in the $ range and the RSW was easily the most musical,my criteria.

I'm all for a new and improved RSW-15 but they would need to sharpen their pencil and get the price right. I would not pay $2000 for an RSW-15, not unless it was a giant killer while still retaining it's incredible musicality.