The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sancho Panza

HII to HIII Upgrade kits...

thought maybe I should take this out of the FS thread, will start a new one...

at $290 per speaker plus shipping and local tax, I'll pass...

rather put that toward a new set of HIIIs or more than one set of used HIIs...

called Ryan with Klipsch, no longer includes woofers, but high & mid-range drivers & crossover

This is what you used to get for less money. They also sent me mid horns at N/C.

(you can click twice to enlarge pic)

post-15193-13819854424782_thumb.jpg

This is what you used to get for less money. They also sent me mid horns at N/C.

sweet, wonder if changes my 4 ohm, 94dB speakers to 8/99?

sweet, wonder if changes my 4 ohm, 94dB speakers to 8/99?

Yes

surprised the Klipsch no longer includes the K-28 woofer in the upgrade kit. The HIII wouldn't be an HIII without a K-28, no?

if i'm understanding properly, the HIII crossover is designed for bass output to the 4 ohm K-28 and the 'upgraded HIII' would still have the 8 ohm k-28, right?

surprised the Klipsch no longer includes the K-28 woofer in the upgrade kit. The HIII wouldn't be an HIII without a K-28, no?

if i'm understanding properly, the HIII crossover is designed for bass output to the 4 ohm K-28 and the 'upgraded HIII' would still have the 8 ohm k-28, right?

That does seem very odd. The deeper and stronger bass is one of the best parts of the update/upgrade.

thought maybe I should take this out of the FS thread, will start a new one...

at $290 per speaker plus shipping and local tax, I'll pass...

rather put that toward a new set of HIIIs or more than one set of used HIIs...

called Ryan with Klipsch, no longer includes woofers, but high & mid-range drivers & crossover

Since new Heresy IIIs cost around $850 apiece, spending $290 to upgrade an old Heresy II to current H-3 spec (which sounds quite a bit better than H-2) seems like good value to me. I was really happy with the improved sound when I put the kit in one of my Heresy IIs.

Not me, especially without the Woofer, it's a non-starter. Bet I can find a set of HIIIs for close to that cost: $310 including local sales tax Each Plus Shipping Plus cost of HIIs. Guy had a set of Black IIIs in the gs last week for $650.

2 months ago, 2 NiB Black IIIs went for $200.00 Delivered on uMay.

Those are some great deals. I haven't seen any used Heresy IIIs for sale around here.

Are there any more of those NiB H-3s around?

Guy had a set of Black IIIs in the gs last week for $650. 2 months ago, 2 NiB Black IIIs went for $200.00 Delivered on uMay.

What the heck is uMay? H3's retail at $850.00 each, which generally means that dealer cost is around $425 apiece.

Correct

eBay=uMay ;-) retail & cost have no bearing on what a pair actually sold for; no warranty & black, but $200.00, delivered? Hard to believe, but there it is in the sold listings.

The woofer and network were the main portions of the upgrade kit imho.

eBay=uMay ;-) retail & cost have no bearing on what a pair actually sold for; no warranty & black, but $200.00, delivered? Hard to believe, but there it is in the sold listings.

Wow

Audiovox strikes.

Too bad, I wanted to buy a kit. Should of bought one when I had the chance.