La Scala value?

Not really interested in selling these, just curious what an approximate value on them would be. I paid $900 but I know they are worth more than that. They are '97 models and don't have a scratch anywhere. They are very clean all over and they work just like they should. Thanks!

post-55909-13819854438362_thumb.jpg

You could easily sell them quickly for less, and likely sell them (with patience) for more. They do look to be in fantastic condition.

Location can be a big factor for some people's interest levels, when also considering the potential costs for crating and shipping, plus insurance, for anything of this size and weight.

I still hope you keep them, but know that they will go up in value if you keep them well.

I also hope others will continue to weigh in...

In the meantime, more pictures?

• 5 years later...

Hi all, so I've go these speakers and I have no idea what they are worth. Mine appear to be similar to his. From what I can figure out, they are 1997 Klipsch La Scala speakers. Does anyone know exactly what they are and what they are worth? Serial numbers are consecutive. Any help is appreciated!

LS BIR RAW 17

S/N: 107 79 6507

April 17th 1997?

IMG_3614 2.jpg

So, I guess now we are determining a value of a pair of La Scalas from a post that is over 5 years old, rather than from the most recent post that is not more than 24 hours old, which is below?    @KlipchLaScala, you did ask the most recent question, correct?

On 9/15/2018 at 3:06 PM, KlipchLaScala said:

Hi all, so I've go these speakers and I have no idea what they are worth. Mine appear to be similar to his. From what I can figure out, they are 1997 Klipsch La Scala speakers. Does anyone know exactly what they are and what they are worth? Serial numbers are consecutive. Any help is appreciated!

LS BIR RAW 17

S/N: 107 79 6507

April 17th 1997?

IMG_3614 2.jpg

I put a few speakers up for sale about a year ago, and FWIW my near-mint Birch 1990 LaScalas  with B&K crossovers/tweeters had more than one interested buyer at $1,600.  I ended up keeping them though.  (Sold some HPM-100's, RF7-ii's, etc.)

I think it would be relatively easy to sell a clean pair of '97 LaScala's for $1,500.   

On 5/17/2013 at 12:57 PM, philly0116 said:

Not really interested in selling these, just curious what an approximate value on them would be. I paid $900 but I know they are worth more than that. They are '97 models and don't have a scratch anywhere. They are very clean all over and they work just like they should. Thanks!

post-55909-13819854438362_thumb.jpg

Too bad you weren't planning a road trip to Austin.  Very nice if the tops are clean.

• Moderators
On 9/17/2018 at 1:24 PM, Hasty said:

I put a few speakers up for sale about a year ago, and FWIW my near-mint Birch 1990 LaScalas  with B&K crossovers/tweeters had more than one interested buyer at $1,600.  I ended up keeping them though.  (Sold some HPM-100's, RF7-ii's, etc.)

I think it would be relatively easy to sell a clean pair of '97 LaScala's for $1,500.   

There is one way to find out.

On 5/17/2013 at 10:57 AM, philly0116 said:

Perhaps replacement value should be in the 2000-2500 range... for insurance purposes.