Can I use the RC-42 with RF-52s?

Jjays

I was wondering if I could use an RC-42 center with two RF-52s for my front? I was also going to use a set of RB-41s for my 5.1 surrounds. Will there be too much a difference in the front stage sound here, or am I better off just getting the RF-42s? The reason I'm thinking of doing this is because I have limited space for speaker placement. Would an 80 watt x 5 receiver be sufficient?

I didn't see a setup like this in the forum history so I apologize if this has been asked before.

Thanks.

I own 42's 52's and 62's. and I'll tell you right now there is almost zero difference in the 42's and 52's except for a little more low end. I love my rf-42's for their size. Much easier to plan around. 52's are quite a bit different in size for minimal difference in sound. Save your self the money. And 80x5 for receiver will be just fine.

I'm not exactly an audiophile, well audiophile with
limited resources :)and had few different options for the center channel over past years and should
tell you that center channel cannot be too big but easily can be too small.

My fronts are F-3, my previous center was C-2 and it felt
too weak. Before I tried some Polk Audio-don’t remember model but it was bigger
than C-2 and it sounded better, now I got RC-62 and I absolutely love the sound.
Not only you can set x-over for bigger center lower, but you actually can put
your TV on top of the larger cabinet. So I would suggest to get matching or smaller fronts.

My receiver is 100 or 110x5 and even when I feel "wild" I never turn it more then 60% up, so 80W per channel will be plenty.

The op stated he had limited speaker placement so I am guessing a rc-62 is not in his cards. While the 62 is obviously a better speaker the rc-42ii is a pretty capable speaker for its size. And the best thing about it is you can buy whatever entertainment center you want and you don't have to plan around the center fitting. The rc-62 is not easy to buy furniture for. I fact it's quite hard. Unless of course you just sit your tv on top of it. But I find that to be about the ugliest option ever. I would wall hang any day then just put the center on top of the stand. But that's just my opinion of course. I know lots of guys that have their tv's on top of centers and enjoy it.