Newly Introduced PSA "Triax"

TasDom

Link

Looking forward to seeing the measurements on this with three 15" drivers.

It houses three (hence: Triax) all-new proprietary 15 inch drivers. Each driver features two large (3 inch diameter) voice coils wound on .008 black anodized aluminum formers, combined with a vented back plate with direct voice coil cooling. The drivers are powered by a beefy 4000 Watt SpeakerPower amplifier (8000W peak). This kind of power gives one Triax the potential to approach the maximum output capabilities of three XS30 subwoofers within an intended operating bandwidth of 5-150 Hz.

Each Triax carries two different DSP programs that dictate frequency shaping below 30 Hz. “These two programs are user selectable via an amplifier mounted switch,” explains Vodhanel. “Program One will include frequency shaping that will allow the Triax to extend into the single digits in medium to medium-large rooms. Program Two will be more suited to extremely deep extension in large to very large room areas.”

It does resemble a RT series sub, however I think the psa are ugly subs. They just look cheap to me. But that's not what's important. I spent a few hours about a month ago talking with mark seaton of seaton sounds and Jeff permanganate up in Iowa and that amp in that sub seems to be the exact same amps they are using in their subs. Although for 2799.00 I think I would pay 200 more and get a jtr S2 as it has 2 18" woofers and pretty much has no limits.

Looks like a Klipsch on steroids. Very bad a$$. Didn't Def Tech have a 3 driver sub at one point?

def tech has lots of three woofer designs. However they are all passive designs. The trinity has 6 14" drivers. Paradigm has a couple triangular subs. I think the. Big one has 6 active 10's. but if I recall its like 11 grand. But supposed to be awesome. For that price it better be.

It does resemble a RT series sub, however I think the psa are ugly subs. They just look cheap to me.

They will be offered in four different wood veneered choices. That's a nice option to keep the significant other happy.

It does resemble a RT series sub, however I think the psa are ugly subs. They just look cheap to me. But that's not what's important. I spent a few hours about a month ago talking with mark seaton of seaton sounds and Jeff permanganate up in Iowa and that amp in that sub seems to be the exact same amps they are using in their subs. Although for 2799.00 I think I would pay 200 more and get a jtr S2 as it has 2 18" woofers and pretty much has no limits.

I agree they are a little ugly. But not as ugly as jtr [:D]

How you like em so far Josh? I was reading the upgrade / trade in program that Tom is offering. That's quite a deal for any future changes. I kind of like that black textured finish but the wood veneer offerings should be beauties as well.

How you like em so far Josh? I was reading the upgrade / trade in program that Tom is offering. That's quite a deal for any future changes. I kind of like that black textured finish but the wood veneer offerings should be beauties as well.

they are good, definitly different from the Empires, i still miss that upper bass the Empires had, but they had a ton of upper bass, i knew going into getting the XV-30's that they would have less, but they make up for it <30Hz.