Newly Introduced PSA "Triax"

TasDom

So once when I was engaged I got a tattoo of her name on my finger. Well we both did. And my boss told me that just jinxed the whole thing. He was right lol. I'm thinking you should change your avatar picture josh. At least until that fatass sub is sitting in front of you. ;-)

So once when I was engaged I got a tattoo of her name on my finger. Well we both did. And my boss told me that just jinxed the whole thing. He was right lol. I'm thinking you should change your avatar picture josh. At least until that *** sub is sitting in front of you. ;-)

It will be in front of me in a couple weeks, so i WILL leave my avatar the way it is..;)

• 1 month later...

I recently received my Triax. It is amazing. Everything I have thrown at it has been amazing. It will keep up with the RF-7s which can be hard to do at really high levels.

Good to hear especially after waiting for almost 5 months. This is on my short list for early next year if the great reviews continue.......

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have my Triax setup now (calibrated with my Denon 4520ci)... It ROCKS the HOUSE! It is the best HT sub I have ever had the chance to hear. When I have heard other subs they usually had what I call one note bass. This sub goes deep and loud and works very well with my La Scalas IMO.

:o .. I own a pair of PSA XV15 and those subs rock my entire 3 story home!!!! I can't imagine what this Triax mammoth will damage. I know Sealed subs don't output as much for lower frequencies, but with 3 subs and a powerful amp and in this shape'd enclosure, I wonder how it sounds like compared to a traditional single sealed typical box enclosure.

If you match drivers and other factors and made one sub vented and the other sealed, the sealed sub will start to drop off higher and have a less impressive low end. The sealed box will almost be twice as large and thus more efficient. Room gain starts around 40 Hz. The longer the room, the less the gain according to this formula: C is the speed of sound and L is the length of the room

C/2*L

1130/2* 20=28.5 Hz so you will start gain 12 db/octave starting at 28.5.. This mean at 14Hz you will be up 12 db. Room gain is not boundary gain which is usually 2-5 db. If the length is 30 ft : 1130/2*30= 18 Hz. So you will be up 12 db at 9 Hz. So the gain is less and, this room gain has a greater effect on sealed subs. In large rooms it is better to get a sub that is vented and not chase after the low end since it will be harder to acheive. Getting drivers with more excursion can lead to more distortion. A sealed sub may have a higher low end than a vented sub below it tunning since the vented sub output will drop off like a rock in free fall, lol. Even more wattage will not solve everything. I can't get peak performance out of my Chase subs because even the most demanding movies only come close to using the 800 watt/ RMS and nowhere near the 1600 watt peak usage. With OHF/ Oblivion require no more than 600-700 watts during the most intense scenes at reference level. To get the peak performance I would have to do some type of sweep to see the watts peak near 1600, which is not needed for HT.

The main reason I have sealed subs is due to their size compared to having vented subs with 18 in. drivers. I like subs with a good mid bass thump ( 40-80 Hz) since I have a large room and the compromise is on the low end. Some of the new movies have stuff in the 3-10 Hz region and sealed sub can reproduce this with the right driver and power supply. A ported sub can be damaged trying to get more output below it's tunning which is usually around 20-25 Hz for good ported sub. Some vented subs may go down to 15 Hz..

The Triax benefits from 3 drivers, sealed, and a powerful amp. It is definetly a LFE moster.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

If you match drivers and other factors and made one sub vented and the other sealed, the sealed sub will start to drop off higher and have a less impressive low end. The sealed box will almost be twice as large and thus more efficient. Room gain starts around 40 Hz. The longer the room, the less the gain according to this formula: C is the speed of sound and L is the length of the room

C/2*L

1130/2* 20=28.5 Hz so you will start gain 12 db/octave starting at 28.5.. This mean at 14Hz you will be up 12 db. Room gain is not boundary gain which is usually 2-5 db. If the length is 30 ft : 1130/2*30= 18 Hz. So you will be up 12 db at 9 Hz. So the gain is less and, this room gain has a greater effect on sealed subs. In large rooms it is better to get a sub that is vented and not chase after the low end since it will be harder to acheive. Getting drivers with more excursion can lead to more distortion. A sealed sub may have a higher low end than a vented sub below it tunning since the vented sub output will drop off like a rock in free fall, lol. Even more wattage will not solve everything. I can't get peak performance out of my Chase subs because even the most demanding movies only come close to using the 800 watt/ RMS and nowhere near the 1600 watt peak usage. With OHF/ Oblivion require no more than 600-700 watts during the most intense scenes at reference level. To get the peak performance I would have to do some type of sweep to see the watts peak near 1600, which is not needed for HT.

The main reason I have sealed subs is due to their size compared to having vented subs with 18 in. drivers. I like subs with a good mid bass thump ( 40-80 Hz) since I have a large room and the compromise is on the low end. Some of the new movies have stuff in the 3-10 Hz region and sealed sub can reproduce this with the right driver and power supply. A ported sub can be damaged trying to get more output below it's tunning which is usually around 20-25 Hz for good ported sub. Some vented subs may go down to 15 Hz..

The Triax benefits from 3 drivers, sealed, and a powerful amp. It is definetly a LFE moster.

I think we cracked our hardwood floor with the TRIAX... I noticed the other day that we now have a crack in the floor (running along the edge of the board) about 6' from the Triax. I don't know for sure that it was caused by the Triax but it developed a week after the Triax was installed (during which time we had cranked it up for a couple of minutes).