New Belle owner, have questions.

Hi guys, I picked these up yesterday. They are BK-WO and they look more like OO, it looks to me that they may have sat by a window for many years. I will sand them down a little and bring some life back to the veneer.

Posted Image

These seem to have a little more bass than the LS (with the stock AA's) is that true, or is it just me?

I was surprised by how short the squaker horn was compared to the LS & Khorn......do I need to upgrade?

Any thoughts are great.

[Y]

These seem to have a little more bass than the LS (with the stock AA's) is that true, or is it just me?

I was surprised by how short the squaker horn was compared to the LS & Khorn......do I need to upgrade?

It's not just you. The response is certainly different. It's tilted down (house curve-like) and strongly in favor of bass / mid-bass performance. The La Scala and K-Horn are flatter (in favor of midrange performance) with extension down into the sub-bass region.

No need to upgrade IMO...simply enjoy them as-is. Beautiful, great sounding speakers.

I would sand with wet 1000 grit and finish restorer from Watco, But don't sand to much. Rick

[Y] Be careful when sanding, that veneer is thin. Too heavy a grit paper or a power sander and you will be through iti n a hurry. [:'(]

Thanks guys,I've been working on one of them and the color of the veneer is coming back to life. I must be sanding through years of coatings of lemon oil or something. The one is looking great!

I've always wanted a pair of Belles.

Posted Image

I've been working on the one as you can see. After taking the Belle apart and sanding every piece and treating them with Howards Walnut restore a finish and some Watco rejuvenating oil (recommended by Klisch) the one looks much better.