WTB: La Scala Boxes (Good to go)

Quiet_Hollow

Yup, I'm interested in a pair of factory cardboard boxes and associated foam packaging for La Scalas.

I'm about a week and a half out from logistics and figure I'd pimp the forum first, before ordering materials directly from Klipsch.

If you've got the boxes, and they aren't absolutely destroyed beyond service, I'd be inclined to take them off your hands.

If you can't find the correct boxes, you might use a pallet. Styrofoam between and around the speakers and stretch wrap. Cardboard reinforce where the straps contact the corners. I've had great luck that way. This went from TX to OR without a scratch.

post-15193-1381985479998_thumb.jpg

If you can't find the correct boxes, you might use a pallet. Styrofoam between and around the speakers and stretch wrap. Cardboard reinforce where the straps contact the corners. I've had great luck that way. This went from TX to OR without a scratch.

When I got my La Scala's, they were crated on a mini pallet each and had cardboard all around them. They arrived safe from South Carolina to San Diego.

Carl's not kidding. They arrived looking like he had just wrapped them up and had not even moved them out of the garage. He did state he had put extra screws unto the pallet.....................Taz

Yea extra screws is good idea they always break when loaded down and forklift driver not all the way under the pallet. Another reason to use 2 pallets it puts the speakers above the rest of the load in a truck so when loading and unloading the other pallets do not scratch the speakers. Rick

• 4 weeks later...

All packaged up and ready to haul out.

Ended up using hardboard, bubble wrap, some strapping tape, two pieces of foam insulation, cardboard edging, and a healthy layer of stretch film.

Looked something very similar to Carl's load shown above.

I'm not shipping them, just moving them cross country. I'm loading with a hand truck and doing the driving, so didn't need to fork-proof or palletize them. [;)]