NHL Playoffs

oldtimer

Picky, I'm surprised there have been no red wing game interpretations from you. Don't want to jinx it? (I know you probably have a lot on your plate right now, so I thought I'd get a thread in about the fastest most exciting pro sport we have.)

Any other fans out there?

I'm also surprised Picky hasn't posted about the overachieving Red Wings.

I love cheering for the Wings and I enjoy college and Olympic hockey, but NHL will remain a 2nd class major league sport as long as it encourages fighting. The "fights" cheapen it nearly to the level of WWE. Throw a single punch in a real major league sport and fines and suspensions follow.

JB, it's back to normal without the flyers. I'm not a wings fan either, but picky had a real good way of recapping the games. My team is not in it again this year---well actually half of my team is---the pens are essentially half dallas stars this year.

Sorry folks, I realize have been remiss in posting during the playoffs. I graduated from school in early May, so I have been taking a break from the computer and to a degree, social media in general. In June, I plan to do a deep dive into the job search game. I've now been laid-off for 3-1/2 years and I stopped my job search to earn myself a second associates degree, this time in Network Administration along the way. Hopefully, this effort will lead to new employment.

As for the playoffs, tonight we will witness game 7 between the first seed Chicago Blackhawks and the 7th seed Detroit Red Wings. The game is in Chicago but Detroit has defeated the Hawks there before. It should be a great game, just so long as the officiating is kept neutral this time, unlike that last game. I understand the Kings defeated the Sharks so whomever the winner is tonight will have to take on LA in the Western Division Finals. Naturally I hope that team is Detroit. All I can say at this point is: GO WINGS! Mike Babcock, work your magic! -Glenn

Go Wings!

EDIT

The over-achieving Wings are done. Hawks 3-2 OT

Might be just as well. It would've grown tiresome listening to Chcago fans complain (justifiably) about the waived- off goal.

The better team survived a scare from a bunch of youngsters. As Cubs fans' tattoos say, "Wait 'til next year."

Yes, congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks. I must admit that the better team won. I'd like to see them win the cup this year so that we Wings fans know that we were defeated by the best. It would be great to see Boston continue to clobber Pittsburgh. I always love it when the Penguins loose! (evil laugh): Muuuhhhh-ha-ha-ha-haaaaa! -Glenn

Any love for the blackhawks left me with this last clinching game. It wasn't the team but the fans. Madhouse on Madison? I've never heard a lamer playoff crowd. They were even lame for a regular season crowd for any team. Those people should be banned from buying tickets imo.

Any love for the blackhawks left me with this last clinching game. It wasn't the team but the fans. Madhouse on Madison? I've never heard a lamer playoff crowd. They were even lame for a regular season crowd for any team. Those people should be banned from buying tickets imo.

The problem is that most of the real fans can not afford to get in to see the game. $235 for a standing room ticket up as high as you can get to see the Bruins. Me and my friend would go stand for $2.75 in the 70's, at the real Mad House on Madison and there was more energy in those regular season crowds then in this years play off crowds. I still am a true fan and watch and cheer for my Blackhawks. I am also pleased that this years final will match up two of the original 6 frachises of the NHL. GO HAWKS!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

The Hawks had an unbelievable year and gave me much enjoyment. I knew they were something special in about the 5th week of the season. Coming back down 3 game to 1 against the Wings then the story book game 6 ending against Boston. What a ride. Thank you Blackhawks!