SVS SB13-Ultra matching with Klipsch Reference

kmx

Hi

I have RF35 mains and RC62 centre and some in roof rears.

Does anyone have a SB13 Ultra from SVS, im interested to hear how well this sub matches with the Klipsch RF speakers and what people think of this sub.

Cheers

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone have a SB13 Ultra from SVS, im interested to hear how well this sub matches with the Klipsch RF speakers and what people think of this sub. Cheers

Ken,

I have recently acquired an SVS SB13 Plus(95% same as SB13 Ultra) and am using it with my RF-63/RC-64/RS-35 combo and I could not be more pleased. The SB13 Plus sub has speed, attack, punch, volume, while reproducing very accurate lower volume subtleties. It blends almost seamlessly with my RF-63's and I have not even begun to use the plethora of onboard EQ options. This SB13 has added a new dimension to my existing Revel B15 and RSW-10d subs and really has fullfilled my goal of pressurizing my room for HT while still remaing very musical.

I highly recommend the SB13 Plus so endorsing an SB13 Ultra is a no brainer for me.

Bill

It's an awesome sub. Once you get it, you'll probably want to upgrade your mains though.

You guys are always talking people into spending more money, lol.

True, but it won't take him long to figure out that's he's only using a fraction of the subs potential to keep up with his mains.

So guys, how does your SVS SB13 Ultra sound with your Reference speakers?[;)] Okay then, how does your SVS PB13 Ultra or PC13 Ultra sound with your Reference speakers?[:D]

OP hasn't come back to the thread yet(different hemisphere you know), but we got a little off topic. I myself would like more opinions on Ken's inquiry. With music, do you guys with PB13/PC13 Ultras run them in sealed mode?

Bill

So guys, how does your SVS SB13 Ultra sound with your Reference speakers?Wink Okay then, how does your SVS PB13 Ultra or PC13 Ultra sound with your Reference speakers?Big Smile

OP hasn't come back to the thread yet(different hemisphere you know), but we got a little off topic. I myself would like more opinions on Ken's inquiry. With music, do you guys with PB13/PC13 Ultras run them in sealed mode?

Bill

I don't have an SB13-Ultra nor Reference speakers.

I can comment on a PC13-Ultra and "new" Heritage speakers. I run my sub open at 20Hz mode for everything. The way I have it setup, it just blends in with my Chorus II's so far as you can't localize where the deep bass is coming from.

And, back off topic, I am planning for a 2nd PC13-Ultra in the future. These Forums should be ILLEGAL!!! [8-)]

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Im yet to find a negative review online and just because its such an investment for me i just wanted to be sure.

Here in NZ its quite tough to get my hands on decent audio gear without paying crazy prices.

The only comparative sub i can find is the VELODYNE SPL-1200. Im assuming the SVS is the much better choice.

SB13-ULTRA costs me around $2700NZD landed including tax

VELODYNE SPL-1200 is $3000NZD local.

Is there anything else i should potentially take alook at.

Cheers

The only comparative sub i can find is the VELODYNE SPL-1200. Im assuming the SVS is the much better choice.

If I had to guess, the Velodyne SPL-1200 would not be even close to the performance of the SB13 Ultra.

SB13-ULTRA costs me around $2700NZD landed including tax
VELODYNE SPL-1200 is $3000NZD local.

The Velo is more than the SVS? Then the SVS all the way.

Is there anything else i should potentially take alook at.

No.[:D]

Bill

So guys, how does your SVS SB13 Ultra sound with your Reference speakers?Wink Okay then, how does your SVS PB13 Ultra or PC13 Ultra sound with your Reference speakers?Big Smile

Bill

Your right bill back on topic. I own 3 svs subs (all ported by the way) and my name after all is reference head so i will give my two cents. Over the years i have owned many different subs. Even back before 5.1 and ht took off i was buying subs. And no sub that i have been around is on same planet as the svs pb-13 ultra (i know their are way better but i have not had the pleasure yet). But ports and huge boxes add a ton of bass that smaller sealed subs cant compete with . So how a sb-13 ultra would compare i don't know. I did try some sealed testing a little on my first pb-12 plus sub but it ran out of gas pretty fast for my liking in that mode compared to the 20hz tune. But my testing was with movies so for music I'm sure it would fair much better. I guess i don't know if one sub would work better than another based on what brand or line speakers you have. Some smarter people will have to comment on that part. The best i can say is i liked them so much with these speakers that i bought two more after the first one. Im probably just a fan boy at this point lol. Svs make amazing subs but they do cost a little more than the other brands they compete with.

Im probably just a fan boy at this point lol.

I have just become one myself. Many of you guys have heard me tout the virtues of the Revel B15 and I can't say enough about it's musicality and refinement. The B15 retailed for $3299.00(I paid $450.00[:D]) over 10 years ago and was/is considered one of the most musical subs ever mfr'd. It surely is the nicest sub I have ever heard or owned, until now. The SB13 Plus takes no backseat to the twice the price B15 and may even be a dead heat in a head to head contest. The SVS just might pull ahead in all categories with it's digital sound processor and digital parametric EQ where the B15 uses an analog based parametric EQ.

Ken, if you can get your hands on an SVS SB13 Ultra, you will not regret it.

Bill

Im probably just a fan boy at this point lol.

I have just become one myself. Many of you guys have heard me tout the virtues of the Revel B15 and I can't say enough about it's musicality and refinement. The B15 retailed for $3299.00(I paid $450.00Big Smile) over 10 years ago and was/is considered one of the most musical subs ever mfr'd. It surely is the nicest sub I have ever heard or owned, until now. The SB13 Plus takes no backseat to the twice the price B15 and may even be a dead heat in a head to head contest. The SVS just might pull ahead in all categories with it's digital sound processor and digital parametric EQ where the B15 uses an analog based parametric EQ.

Ken, if you can get your hands on an SVS SB13 Ultra, you will not regret it.

Bill

Im glad you love it bill. And i agree its hard to imagine anyone not liking a svs sub. let alone one of their top 13 models.