SVS SB13-Ultra matching with Klipsch Reference

kmx

awesome review. thank you

Steve,

Remember this review is for the SB13 Plus and as mentioned, it is almost identical to the SB13 Ultra but minus about 4%(estimate) in cabinet volume and maybe a tweek or two to the amp and woofer itself. SVS claims it was able to squeeze out a small amount of extra performance with those changes.

Bill

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks everyone for your input.

I think for this house im going to go for the SB13U. We are looking at buying another house in the next year or so and i think at that time i will look at adding either another SB13U or a PB13U.

This is what i think for now.

Top is my current setup with 2x 15" running off a Jaycar plate amp 350RMS (on paper). They live in the closet and i need to open the door when i use it. Due to the gain from the closet bass is good but lots of delay and the freq response is very narrow. When i have this box sitting in the room it sounds great but its just too big.

Im going to go with the SB13U and have a play with it and hopefully 1 or these 2 positions sound great. (Unfortunately not both)

Thanks again to everyone

Posted Image

awesome review. thank you

Steve,

Remember this review is for the SB13 Plus and as mentioned, it is almost identical to the SB13 Ultra but minus about 4%(estimate) in cabinet volume and maybe a tweek or two to the amp and woofer itself. SVS claims it was able to squeeze out a small amount of extra performance with those changes.

Bill

Unfortunantley i cant see it on the NZ suppliers site.

Is this a brand new model?

Unfortunantley i cant see it on the NZ suppliers site.

Is this a brand new model?

The SB13 Plus preceeded the SB13 Ultra and was replaced in Sept or Oct of 2012. I think the SB13 Plus was sold from May/June 2011 to Sept/Oct 2012, which explains why you can't find the SB13 Plus on the NZ site.

Bill

• 2 months later...