Can't believe that the Emotiva XMC is still "coming soon"!

kde

Have software updates fixed the UMC-1's bugs? I've been thinking of buying one used to get started in separates.

The latest firmware update made my UMC-1 very stable. I really can't complain about anything with the unit, I will be buying the XMC in August/September if it is released by then.

The latest firmware update made my UMC-1 very stable. I really can't complain about anything with the unit, I will be buying the XMC in August/September if it is released by then.

I actually have my name on the waiting list for one. Good thing I got my OPPO 105 and I realized I can run it like a Pre/Pro before the XMC came out. Saved me around 1500.

• Moderators

The latest firmware update made my UMC-1 very stable.

When I had the UMC-1, I believe I had the next to the latest update and mine was very stable as well. Only "issue" I had was when I played a song from the PS3, the audio would cut out for 2-3 seconds. Hitting Rewind on the PS3 remote would restart the song and play normal. Other than that and slow video switchint (about 8-9 seconds between inputs), it worked great.

I'm still waiting for it. I'm pretty happy with the UMC-1 still, but I figure if I use my upgrade card on the XMC-1, I won't lose any money by reselling if I'm not happy with it.

That's where I'm at on it as well, I don't know that I would want to pay full price for the XMC but with my 40% off card and also selling my UMC it seems like a no brainer.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this... so hoping this works. I just checked my firmware on the UMC-1 and it seems that I am one iteration behind. I have 7.04.00 and not 7.04.19.

If I make this firmware update... will it impact the settings on my URC MX450 remote control? Meaning that I likely won't update the firmware if I have to have someone come out to reprogram the remote (I've never figured out how to do it).

Is this firmware update recommended? The UMC-1 is working fine... except for a light hum (which isn't likely related to the firmware anyways).

• Moderators

I chose not to upgrade my FW when I had the UMC-1. Emotiva once advised me "If it ain't broke, then don't try and fix it". They said FW updates were good if I was experiencing problems but if I wasn't, updating the FW might introduce other problems. Just my 2 cents.

I wish I was as lucky as the others. My UMC-1 has never been right. Actually miserable you be a better description! I have waited and waited for the new one but finally gave up on emotiva. I picked up a marantz 7701 yesterday. I haven't gotten to play with it yet. It is my I rest marantz but so far what I have read has been great! The features are so far advanced. I do for see ending up with the next model up the 8801 so though.

• Moderators

Hi RIbol. Glad to see another Floridian. [:D] The UMC-1 had a REALLY rough ride. We have to remember, Emotiva is still new to the Pre/Pro world and it's unfortunate that their customer's have to deal with their trial and errors. I probably did not have the issues that many others did because I do not have a cable box. My setup was super simple....PS3 to UMC-1 via HDMI and UMC-1 to Profector via HDMI. Only other thing I had hooked up was rabbit ears for Air TV. My issue was mainly with not being able to EQ the system properly. I need auto calibration software since I'm not much of a tweaker, nor an audiophile. I want to run setup, maybe make some minor adjustments and sit back and enjoy how it sounds. With my HK AVR3600, I did just that. The center channel sounds sooo much cleaner and detailed than with the UMC-1.

I recieved the 8th UMC ever shipped, I never had a problem as long as I owned it other than a few times I had to turn it off twice. I had it hooked to cable,oppos, ps3, pc with hdmi.I also never owned a unit that sounded better. I also tried two Marantz models a 6 and then 7, one defective and the other sounded really bad with music, so.....I conclude we all have different experiences and expectations and they are not all created equal.

• Moderators

Reading though This, it's on track for a summer release (june or july).

Of what year? [:P]

We've heard that before....oh yeah, actually last year we heard that too.

Hi,
This is a picture of the front panel sub-system in operation.

The
DSP engine, ARM processor board, and HDMI sub-systems are fully
operational. We're moving at a very rapid pace and expect to keep our
summer delivery date.

The main analog and DAC board is finalized and PCB is laid out. All in all, we're in really great shape.

Keep the faith, this baby is for real!
Peace,
Big Dan