Scored some Quartets

ajoker2c

Gotta be even quicker here in Canada when deals comes up. A guy posted these on CL at 11:30am this morning and I had them in the car by 12:30. A great guy who is a musician and refused to take better offers after talking to him and my love for Klipsch. He knows they are going to a loving home!

Replacing my heresy ii's for now,but these babies sound good without tweaking so far. I'll need to tame the bass a lil with the rear passives as I only have 6 inches in back to spare so I can drop my projector screen in front of them..

Excited and will be thinking of upgrading the tweeters and mids after some hours listening.

Edited by ajoker2c

Steve,

Nice score. And I am seriously considering selling my "minty" OO Quartets.[*-)]

Gotta be even quicker here in Canada when deals comes up. A guy posted these on CL at 11:30am this morning and I had them in the car by 12:30.

That was quick.

I'll need to tame the bass a lil with the rear passives as I only have 6 inches in back to spare so I can drop my projector screen in front of them.

You can contribute that strong bass to your Acurus amp and placement close to the wall. Nice the way you have the Quartets raised to ear level, much better clarity that way.

Bill

Steve,

Nice score. And I am seriously considering selling my "minty" OO Quartets.Confused

It was reading those threads about the Fortes that got me thinking when you mentioned your quartets. I'm restricted in space and the quartets are almost perfect being a lil thinner then the heresy's.

You can contribute that strong bass to your Acurus amp and placement close to the wall. Nice the way you have the Quartets raised to ear level, much better clarity that way.

I'm going to test them the Acurus and UMC-1 at some point as my rf35's are right next to them to A-B, but loving them off the MC250/C26 combo. The mc250 is a little beast of an amp and scored a nice c26 awhile ago. My lovely lady got me the wooden case for my c26 for xmas and she likes the quartets over the heresies....she's a keeper!

post-50163-13819855182154_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys!....I am loving them. They do have a similiar sound to my H2's but the low end really shines through on these. I think the H2's sound wider with acoustic material and the Q's have a more forward sound but still maintain the crisp highs and mids. The Q's are really impressing me with vinyl and the bass really hits hard at moderate listening level. Still need to tweak as I tried with both my rt-10d and without it.

These are perfect for my set up and music tastes.

I saw an old ebay ad for a Toronto local guy selling the ti diaphragms. Could someone try this link and let me know if these are the same as the Klipsch replacements or similiar to BEC's.If anyone has experience with either could you share your experience. I could get these pretty quick as I could pick them up this week. Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300680661062&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:CA:1123

Those are what you want.

It does say that the seller will be away until June 10th.

Thank you sir!

He is actually around as I have emailed back n forth today with him. Just wanted to make sure as he only stated he checked database to see if they are correct ones.

He's a good guy and doesn't gouge like the Canadian Klipsch reps here in Toronto from my talks with them.

I put my H2's up for sale locally for reasonable price and already selling them tonight for enough profit to get the ti diaphragms without going into pocket.....nice!

Asking price is too low!

paying it forward as I got them for a steal. Not in it for the profit and like i said earlier, I'm making enough to get free diaphragms for new quartets. I'm good with that.

I keep seeing local heresys being reposted and reposted and reposted asking 600 or close to it and never or very rarely lower.